Re: 2008/09 catalog shows much smaller selection

  • Danny Goodman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "ckreling" <ckreling@...> wrote:

      > Is Z being phased out by Marklin.

      While business decisions can turn on a dime in an uncertain economy,
      whenever I see Marklin putting money into new Z tooling or
      engineering, I'm encouraged. The 2009 Insider diesel locomotive claims
      "completely new construction," which can be interpreted a couple of
      ways (new shell tooling or new chassis design). When they cease
      innovating and just put new lipstick on old pigs (and I don't mean the
      lucky pig loco), that's the time to be concerned. We'll be watching
      the "tea leaves" in the rest of new 2009 items to be revealed in a few
      months.

      Danny
      http://dannyg.com
      http://spamwars.com