Railower 1300 - Number of Amps

  • bluebimmer99
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      I just purchased a Railpower 1300 for use with my Z scale Marlin. I
      can't find the number of Amps that are used. Any input?
    • Jeff BAZ-man
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        I don't have one but I doubt it can deliver than 12VA (~ Watts).
        They can product up to ~ 14 absolute maximum volts(no load) and
        definitely <1 Amp. Under load, I doubt higher than 12V. They are
        roughly equivalent to the Märklin power packs. Maybe 10% more.

        For Z scale, you will know if you have too many volts as it will run
        at "Lionel" speed :) Just don't turn it up past "2 o-clock"
        position (not critical) and you'll be fine.

        The current is enough for 2 MTL F7's, 2-4 Märklin locos or 10 MTL GP9
        or GP35 or 10 AZL GP7 or SD70/75's.

        Hope that helps.

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z