Modellbau Bodensee

  • kurtulueck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hi Folks,

      Last weekend there was a larger hobby show here in Friedrichshafen. Also
      several train layout were on display. Most of them were large scales (N and
      bigger), one was in Z scale. See my impressions of the layouts on the RRR
      Homepage.

      Have Fun!

      Kurt

      The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
      http://www.redrockrail.com

    • Jürg Rüedi
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
        Hi Kurt

        Thanks for the pictures on your website, always very appreciated.

        best Regards
        Jürg

        http://rosetown.ch

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, kurtulueck@... wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Last weekend there was a larger hobby show here in Friedrichshafen.
        Also
        > several train layout were on display. Most of them were large
        scales (N and
        > bigger), one was in Z scale. See my impressions of the layouts on
        the RRR
        > Homepage.
        >

        > Have Fun!
        >
        > Kurt
        >
        > The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
        > http://www.redrockrail.com

      • Jeff BAZ-man
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
          Nice pix Kurt. Great that it was only 10 minutes from your home !

          Great pictures. The logging and I like that Scandanavian N scale.
          Very nice water scene.

          Did you make it to the Graf Zeppelin museum yet ? We now have a
          Zeppelin here in San Francisco ! 12 passengers, longer than 747 but
          nothing like classic Zeppelin that was 4x larger or more !

          Jeff

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jürg Rüedi <juerg.rueedi@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kurt
          >
          > Thanks for the pictures on your website, always very appreciated.
          >
          > best Regards
          > Jürg
          >
          > http://rosetown.ch
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, kurtulueck@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Folks,
          > >
          > > Last weekend there was a larger hobby show here in
          Friedrichshafen.
          > Also
          > > several train layout were on display. Most of them were large
          > scales (N and
          > > bigger), one was in Z scale. See my impressions of the layouts on
          > the RRR
          > > Homepage.
          > >

          > > Have Fun!
          > >
          > > Kurt
          > >
          > > The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
          > > http://www.redrockrail.com

        • kz3dx
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
            Hi Kurt,

            Really great photos.

            What type of camera and lens are you using?

            Were you shooting with a tripod or hand-held?

            Bill

          • kurtulueck@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
              Hi Jeff,

              thanks for the kudos! The Scandinavian layout was my favorite too, it was
              quite small. They told me, they can transport the entire layout in a normal car.
              The layout is in principle two boxes with the complete installation. Just
              bolt the boxes together, put the legs on and put the cable to the power line.

              I am sorry but I haven't made it so far to the Zeppelin museum... There were
              several articles in the local newspaper of the journey of the Zeppelin NT to
              San Francisco. Just a few days ago they showed a picture at the Golden Gate
              Bridge.

              We actually have the "ugly" season, most days are gray and foggy, sunshine
              is rare.

              BeZt regards

              Kurt

            • kurtulueck@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
                Hi Bill,

                thank you very much for your kudos. It is always a pleasure to have happy
                "customers"...

                I am using a Nikon D80 digital SLR with a 18-200 mm VR lens.

                All pictures were shot hand held but at ISO 1600 or equivalent ISO 3200. So
                you can still reach shutter speeds of 1/20 s with an aperture of about f11.
                Even with the picture noise of this method it is still very good for a web
                presentation.

                Best RegardZ