Re: [Z_Scale] cleaning wheels

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      I have a new way to clean wheels. Use either goo gone or denatured
      alcohol and use a ultrasonic tooth brush from Oral B. In my Drug
      Store they are battery powered and not rechargeable throw away when
      dead at under 10.00 dollars Canadian. The head is split in two and it
      vibrates. Dip in the liquid of choice and then with the car inverted
      run over the wheels to wet them then turn by hand until clean does
      not take long is faster than kleenex on the track and the tires come
      up to polish clean surface. You can actually open these tooth brushes
      up with a snap saw blade and replace the AA battery and reglue it
      back to-gether for longer servcie. I actually tried it with one I was
      throwing out as the battery was dead the first time I tried it.

      cheers
      Garth
    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
        Sounsds good Garth. Will check it out.
        Ed

        > I have a new way to clean wheels. Use either goo gone or
        > denatured
        > alcohol and use a ultrasonic tooth brush from Oral B. In my
        > Drug
        > Store they are battery powered and not rechargeable throw
        > away when
        > dead at under 10.00 dollars Canadian. The head is split in
        > two and it
        > vibrates. Dip in the liquid of choice and then with the car
        > inverted
        > run over the wheels to wet them then turn by hand until
        > clean does
        > not take long is faster than kleenex on the track and the
        > tires come
        > up to polish clean surface. You can actually open these
        > tooth brushes
        > up with a snap saw blade and replace the AA battery and
        > reglue it
        > back to-gether for longer servcie. I actually tried it with
        > one I was
        > throwing out as the battery was dead the first time I tried
        > it.
        >
        > cheers
        > Garth
      • DAVID GEORGE
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
          There's an add on late night TV selling a ' sonic scrubber brush" which is a tooth brush with a variety of neat snap-on  pads ,etc.,,
          I thought of getting  a set for track cleaning. Never thought of wheel cleaning.
          Thanks.
          D.