Re: Z Scale People

  • David K. Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Karin--

      You may be interested to know that the Merten figures have been re-
      issued. I realize that they are still European, but their quality has
      improved considerably, and approaches that of Preiser. I recently
      ordered several sets (0818, 0820, 0859, 0870, 0908, 2268, 2400) and
      they are quite good. You'll need to make sure you're getting new
      stock--all-clear boxes with white inserts and blue Merten logo--as
      opposed to older stock (tan or green plastic box).

      --David

      http://jamesriverbranch.net/
      http://1-220.blogspot.com/

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Karin E. Snyder" <ladyrejoicer@...>
      wrote:

      > Having started this topic on Z Central Station I was very happy to
      hear of
      > someone offering Z scale people other than Preiser. But I'm sorry
      to say
      > that the "people" from the link below are the same as the 1:200
      from China,
      > maybe repainted a bit, but still not what most of us want. They
      are too
      > tall, poor quality molding, and not worth using. I have way too
      many, both
      > painted and not, sitting in containers around here.
      >
      > Oh how I wish there was another manufacturer with the quality of
      Preiser but
      > more in American styling and more affordable. These Chinese
      figures are not
      > what most of us in Z scale really need. Sorry but that is my
      opinion and I
      > love to model in Z. Good luck with your venture...
      >
      > Karin in Oregon

    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
        > maybe repainted a bit, but still not what most of us want. They are too
        > tall, poor quality molding, and not worth using. I have way too many, both
        > painted and not, sitting in containers around here.

        Give them to ngauge folk - they make quite good n gauge people for those
        modelling older eras as they are a bit smaller than the presier figures
        most of which appear to be 1970s/1980s people (that is tall, but still thin)

        I could mutter about the lack of Edwardians in top hats, 'youth of
        yesteryear' (think Dickensian) etc figures in a lot of scales ....

        Alan