Re: [Z_Scale] Z Scale People

  • Karin E. Snyder
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
      Having started this topic on Z Central Station I was very happy to hear of
      someone offering Z scale people other than Preiser. But I'm sorry to say
      that the "people" from the link below are the same as the 1:200 from China,
      maybe repainted a bit, but still not what most of us want. They are too
      tall, poor quality molding, and not worth using. I have way too many, both
      painted and not, sitting in containers around here.

      Oh how I wish there was another manufacturer with the quality of Preiser but
      more in American styling and more affordable. These Chinese figures are not
      what most of us in Z scale really need. Sorry but that is my opinion and I
      love to model in Z. Good luck with your venture...

      Karin in Oregon

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
          Karin--

          You may be interested to know that the Merten figures have been re-
          issued. I realize that they are still European, but their quality has
          improved considerably, and approaches that of Preiser. I recently
          ordered several sets (0818, 0820, 0859, 0870, 0908, 2268, 2400) and
          they are quite good. You'll need to make sure you're getting new
          stock--all-clear boxes with white inserts and blue Merten logo--as
          opposed to older stock (tan or green plastic box).

          --David

          http://jamesriverbranch.net/
          http://1-220.blogspot.com/

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Karin E. Snyder" <ladyrejoicer@...>
          wrote:

          > Having started this topic on Z Central Station I was very happy to
          hear of
          > someone offering Z scale people other than Preiser. But I'm sorry
          to say
          > that the "people" from the link below are the same as the 1:200
          from China,
          > maybe repainted a bit, but still not what most of us want. They
          are too
          > tall, poor quality molding, and not worth using. I have way too
          many, both
          > painted and not, sitting in containers around here.
          >
          > Oh how I wish there was another manufacturer with the quality of
          Preiser but
          > more in American styling and more affordable. These Chinese
          figures are not
          > what most of us in Z scale really need. Sorry but that is my
          opinion and I
          > love to model in Z. Good luck with your venture...
          >
          > Karin in Oregon

        • Alan Cox
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
            > maybe repainted a bit, but still not what most of us want. They are too
            > tall, poor quality molding, and not worth using. I have way too many, both
            > painted and not, sitting in containers around here.

            Give them to ngauge folk - they make quite good n gauge people for those
            modelling older eras as they are a bit smaller than the presier figures
            most of which appear to be 1970s/1980s people (that is tall, but still thin)

            I could mutter about the lack of Edwardians in top hats, 'youth of
            yesteryear' (think Dickensian) etc figures in a lot of scales ....

            Alan