RE: [Z_Scale] Re: U.S. Manufacturing (was RE: MICRO-TRAINS SD-40)

  • Elizabeth Hayes
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 25, 2008
      I have heard that Uncle Will has had his production schedule messed up because he can't get trucks and /or couplers, is this true? He had been using MT?

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: zbarr474@...: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:18:17 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: U.S. Manufacturing (was RE: MICRO-TRAINS SD-40)

      Bad Bet. Bowser showed one to many of us at the Louisville National NScale show. True it was a Computerized CAD version, but Uncle Willconfirms he is almost holding his breath waiting for the actualappearance....don--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mompey" <mompey@...> wrote:>> > The market in z is not large enough to sustain a decent return on the > cost of developing a new "competitive" coupler to MTL, there is NO > gaurantee that any manufacture will use it, and if they do it may just > be for a specific run.> > I assume AZL will look at this as an "forced" opportunity.> > Would you put your hard earned into this as an investment?> > I bet there is no new competitor in couplers in Z in 12 months..> > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Alan Cox <alan@> wrote:> >> > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:22:56 -0000> > "mompey" <mompey@> wrote:> > > > > > > > Hope they have deep pockets, as they wont get much return for > several > > > years if any. > > > > Shouldn't take that long to earn back if everyone but MTL is using it,> > and the alternative is everyone else leaves the market and US Z scale> > ends a totally minority single vendor item so I'd hope they succeed.> > > > Alan> >>