The Economic downturn and our precious Z scale

  • harold grady
    Message 1 of 107 , Oct 12, 2008
      Hi Folks, with the economy going into a tailspin one cannot help wondering what is the future of Z scale. Investment borrowing and lending seem threatened. If Manufacturers cannot borrow to fund
      new products whats gonna happen? Is the modelrailroading industry
      in peril? Some of you economic experts expound on that premise.
      Also lets hear from some manufacturers about what's around the corner.
                            Harold Grady

    • vincentgoudreault
      Message 107 of 107 , Aug 28 1:02 PM
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <animek@...> wrote:

        > Gees! I was doing a search to find if people from Quebec were coming here and talk about Z or part of a new group, and had found this person saying atrocity about the people of Quebec and had suggested to Nuke everyone here.
        >
        > What on Eart is wrong with this person? Those comments should be deleted and he should be excluded from this group, if he's not already out.....OMG!
        >
        > Ben

        Yeah, he has been banned.
        I reported the matter to the moderators back then, after some much milder postings by someone else on a different topic brought a reaction from them. Apparently, our moderators never have the opportunity to review everything by themselves, so they depend on our vigilance to report this sort of things.

        The reason this vile post remains is that a formal complaint was lodged with the Canadian authorities regarding hate speech, and that those could be used as evidence.
        I do not know if "Mr" Parker was ever paid a visit by tall gentlemen wearing uniforms, and quite honestly, don't care if he did, as long as he is kept away from us who know the value and meaning of respect.

        CBVG