Re: are MTL Locos DCC ready?

  • Don A
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      Not sure I really understand the question. You can run it Lenz only
      or Lenz & CVP or CVP only. The CVP is a one-way transmitter, so it
      can not be used for programming since it does not read back values.
      Also I use the Lenz to set/program the track voltage as low as
      possible which appears to be a DCC reading of 12.1 volts. You can
      argue until the cows come home that this is too high, but a DCC
      voltage is NOT the same as an analog voltage. I have run my layout
      for several years and had no problem with the indicated 12.1 volts.
      Engines do not get warm even after running for 30 minutes or more.
      Amperage, I believe, will just be a function of how many engines you
      have on the track, and the figure is so low I have trouble getting a
      reading above the base levels even with 7 or 8 engines sitting on the
      track.

      Hope this helps, if not let me try again.

      ...don

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Diepeveen <mompey@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Don for your reply, do you need to have the CVP wireless to
      run Z on DCC or will the lenz system auto adjust the power amps? sorry
      to sound vauge but the last thing I want to do is burn out my locos
      before I get to run them, Im jumping into DCC and Z at the same time.