Re: [Z_Scale] Sharon?

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
      Karin received it also...........Don't go there Alex.

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
        Alex,

        Don't go there, I was warned about it on a few other Yahoo groups that I belong. It is SPAM and you open up yourself to a real mess.  Oh, I haven't seen you on that well known auction site lately.

        Robert
        Hemet, Zo Cal

        Message 3 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
          To all Z_Scale group members

          PLEEZE -Do NOT reply to anything to do with GROUPLY. This is a scam.

          Glen Chenier

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone else received this e-mail?
          > I received the following direct e-mail...
          >
          > We share the z_scale group. I want to add you as a friend in
          Grouply
          > so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my
          > favorite group messages.
          >
          > Here is the link: http://www.grouply.com/register.php?
          > r=834254&vt=8544270 .
          >
          > sharon
          >
          > Is "Sharon" a member of this group?
          > Is this spam?
          >
          > I visited the link, but I really am not interested in adding my
          > personal information to another website, for something I really
          don't
          > need to be involved in.
          >
          > Alex in Tokyo, Japan

        • M & J Piersdorff
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
            I considered the message one of the "Delete before reading." category, and acted accordingly.

            Michael

            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@...> wrote:

              > Is "Sharon" a member of this group?
              No, otherwise this Sharon would be banned by now.

              > Is this spam?

              Absolutely.
            • Loren
              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                Glen,
                If you find this Sharon, (likely a guy), I'll supply the tar and
                feathers......

                > No, otherwise this Sharon would be banned by now.
                >
                >> Is this spam?
                >>
                > Absolutely.
              • Glen Chenier
                Message 7 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                  > Glen,
                  > If you find this Sharon, (likely a guy), I'll supply the tar and
                  > feathers......
                  > Loren

                  And I will supply the boiling oil...
                • Loren
                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                    Na, let's just cut off his essentials and nail them to the shed......"all
                    together boys"

                    Message 9 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                      Yes I got this email today. I know this Grouply thing from a year ago. They get you to join, then they send you all kinds of messages with adware, spywear and viruses piggybacked on them. Much of which can't be detected by the anti spyware, virus software currently on the market today. A friend of ours recently got hooked into this, and she ended up with a trojan so sophisticated that even the senior IT guy at the company where she works, couldn't get rid of it and he's been doing computer stuff for 15 years. He finally had to scrap her hard drive and get her a new one.

                      Yes, stay away from grouply at all costs. Pass this warning on to everyone you know on the net.

                      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: glen@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:32:27 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Sharon?

                      To all Z_Scale group membersPLEEZE -Do NOT reply to anything to do with GROUPLY. This is a scam.Glen Chenier--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@...> wrote:>> Has anyone else received this e-mail?> I received the following direct e-mail...> > We share the z_scale group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply > so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my > favorite group messages. > > Here is the link: http://www.grouply.com/register.php?> r=834254&vt=8544270 . > > sharon> > Is "Sharon" a member of this group?> Is this spam?> > I visited the link, but I really am not interested in adding my > personal information to another website, for something I really don't > need to be involved in.> > Alex in Tokyo, Japan>

                    • Glen Chenier
                      Message 10 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                        > Na, let's just cut off his essentials and nail them to the
                        shed......"all
                        > together boys"

                        "Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down..."

                        Better yet, string Sharon up by her manhood with piano wire over a
                        rattlesnake pit...

                        Sorry, I hate spamsters and it really P's me off when one of these low-
                        lifes milks email addresses from this group
                      • Don A
                        Message 11 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                          Couldn't the drive be reformatted??

                          ...don

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Parker <echo31a@...> wrote:

                          > Yes I got this email today. I know this Grouply thing from a year
                          ago. They get you to join, then they send you all kinds of messages
                          with adware, spywear and viruses piggybacked on them. Much of which
                          can't be detected by the anti spyware, virus software currently on the
                          market today. A friend of ours recently got hooked into this, and she
                          ended up with a trojan so sophisticated that even the senior IT guy at
                          the company where she works, couldn't get rid of it and he's been
                          doing computer stuff for 15 years. He finally had to scrap her hard
                          drive and get her a new one.

                          > Yes, stay away from grouply at all costs. Pass this warning on to
                          everyone you know on the net.

                          > To: z_scale@...: glen@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:32:27 +0000Subject:
                          [Z_Scale] Re: Sharon?

                          > To all Z_Scale group membersPLEEZE -Do NOT reply to anything to do
                          with GROUPLY. This is a scam.Glen Chenier--- In
                          z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@> wrote:>> Has anyone else
                          received this e-mail?> I received the following direct e-mail...> > We
                          share the z_scale group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply > so
                          you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my > favorite
                          group messages. > > Here is the link:
                          http://www.grouply.com/register.php?> r=834254&vt=8544270 . > >
                          sharon> > Is "Sharon" a member of this group?> Is this spam?> > I
                          visited the link, but I really am not interested in adding my >
                          personal information to another website, for something I really don't
                          > need to be involved in.> > Alex in Tokyo, Japan>

                        • Matthew Parker
                          Message 12 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                            I have a better idea. String her up between two locos going in opposite directions. Then from a standing start, slowly move apart. Should put an end to her nonsense in short order.

                            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: glen@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:03:27 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Sharon?

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:>> Na, let's just cut off his essentials and nail them to the shed......"all > together boys""Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down..."Better yet, string Sharon up by her manhood with piano wire over a rattlesnake pit...Sorry, I hate spamsters and it really P's me off when one of these low-lifes milks email addresses from this group

                          • Matthew Parker
                            Message 13 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                              Nope! Like I said, this grouply send viruses, trojans and other nastys so powerful, that Norton, McAfee, and all the rest can't deal with it. And they are self propagating as well. Once in your system they spread to other commputers and you don't even know it's happening.

                              To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: zbarr474@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:05:58 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Sharon?

                              Couldn't the drive be reformatted??...don--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Parker <echo31a@...> wrote:>> > Yes I got this email today. I know this Grouply thing from a yearago. They get you to join, then they send you all kinds of messageswith adware, spywear and viruses piggybacked on them. Much of whichcan't be detected by the anti spyware, virus software currently on themarket today. A friend of ours recently got hooked into this, and sheended up with a trojan so sophisticated that even the senior IT guy atthe company where she works, couldn't get rid of it and he's beendoing computer stuff for 15 years. He finally had to scrap her harddrive and get her a new one.> > Yes, stay away from grouply at all costs. Pass this warning on toeveryone you know on the net.> > > > To: z_scale@...: glen@...: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:32:27 +0000Subject:[Z_Scale] Re: Sharon?> > > > > To all Z_Scale group membersPLEEZE -Do NOT reply to anything to dowith GROUPLY. This is a scam.Glen Chenier--- Inz_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@> wrote:>> Has anyone elsereceived this e-mail?> I received the following direct e-mail...> > Weshare the z_scale group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply > soyou can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my > favoritegroup messages. > > Here is the link:http://www.grouply.com/register.php?> r=834254&vt=8544270 . > >sharon> > Is "Sharon" a member of this group?> Is this spam?> > Ivisited the link, but I really am not interested in adding my >personal information to another website, for something I really don't> need to be involved in.> > Alex in Tokyo, Japan> > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

                            • Loren
                              Message 14 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                Hey Glen,
                                The other night Karin and I did a really cool thing that only us "oldsters"
                                can relate to.

                                We went and saw the Kingston Trio and The Brothers Four at one of our local
                                high schools. Man, talk about a quality evening......2 3/4 hours of pure
                                good stuff. Took us way back. Turns out that the bass player for the
                                Brothers Four is married to Loni Anderson and she was there also. We got to
                                talk to her and get her autograph. Very nice lady, but a bit older
                                looking.......aren't we all?

                                They announced that the last original Kingston Trio fellow had died just the
                                night before so there was a moment of quiet reflection to the evening, but
                                other than that we really soaked it in.
                                Yup, it was a quality evening.

                                Loren

                                PS Why dangle rotten meat over a poor snake? Snakes will do what shakes
                                will do and he'll die of food poisioning...... :o)

                                Message 15 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                  Gee Matthew,
                                  If I ever get into a fight, I sure hope you are on my side..... :o)

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                    I have to take this back.

                                    Make it an alligator pit. HUNGRY alligators.

                                    > Better yet, string Sharon up by her manhood with piano wire over a
                                    > rattlesnake pit...
                                  • Loren
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                      Well, at least we are taking out our man size anger issues on something
                                      constructive, (except for Sharron) instead of beating each other up over
                                      some pig skin ball....heh heh heh .

                                      > Make it an alligator pit. HUNGRY alligators.
                                      >
                                      >> Better yet, string Sharon up by her manhood with piano wire over a
                                      >> rattlesnake pit...
                                    • Alex
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                        Wow!
                                        I didn't expect so many replies so quickly!

                                        No worries... I deleted the e-mail and never went to the site.
                                        I usually delete such e-mails.
                                        I was just wondering if this person was actually a part of our Z-
                                        community.

                                        Alex

                                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                        > Karin received it also... Don't go there Alex.
                                        > Loren
                                      • Loren
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                          They aren't Alex, but had they been, they would have been laid in the earth
                                          by now, cold and pushing up thistles. We would have sold off his Z cars,
                                          burnt his house down, peed in his car's gas tank, kicked his dog, AND cat,
                                          and gone to the movies by now.

                                          Not a mean streak in my bones,

                                          > I didn't expect so many replies so quickly!
                                          >
                                          > No worries... I deleted the e-mail and never went to the site.
                                          > I usually delete such e-mails.
                                          > I was just wondering if this person was actually a part of our Z-
                                          > community.
                                          >
                                          > Alex
                                        • Alex
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                            Loren,

                                            I share the same feelings and thoughts, but... mine are directed at
                                            the members of the House and Senate of both political parties.

                                            Alex

                                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                            > They aren't Alex, but had they been, they would have been laid in
                                            the earth
                                            > by now, cold and pushing up thistles. We would have sold off his Z
                                            cars,
                                            > burnt his house down, peed in his car's gas tank, kicked his dog,
                                            AND cat,
                                            > and gone to the movies by now.
                                            >
                                            > Not a mean streak in my bones,
                                            > Loren
                                          • Loren
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Oct 5, 2008
                                              Oh don't get me started. The whole bunch need lynching...........did I say
                                              that?

                                              Signed,
                                              Anonymous

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Oct 6, 2008
                                                On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 01:05:58 -0000
                                                "Don A" <zbarr474@...> wrote:

                                                > Couldn't the drive be reformatted??

                                                Low level reformat/security erase with the right tools done from a
                                                separate secure system will do the trick currrently, but that will change
                                                in time as many drive firmware updates are not properly protected in
                                                hardware (no digital signatures etc). Sad to say but its only because the
                                                spammers are interested in abusing machines not destroying them that
                                                there are almost no machine destructing worms out there.

                                                The bigger problem is recovering the content of the drive - which files,
                                                emails, other random bits on the disk contain stuff that will re-infect
                                                the machine - rapidly gets harder than trying to find escaped springs
                                                while dismantling a Z scale loco ...
                                              • Alan Cox
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Oct 6, 2008
                                                  On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 01:20:05 -0000
                                                  "Glen Chenier" <glen@...> wrote:

                                                  > I have to take this back.
                                                  >
                                                  > Make it an alligator pit. HUNGRY alligators.

                                                  So fast so brutal. Tie them up in a small dark room with a large screen
                                                  TV set to continuous Fox News coverage.

                                                  Alan
                                                • Ellsworth Geib
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Oct 6, 2008
                                                    Alex,

                                                    I have received at least 3 of these Grouply invitations, each with a different name doing
                                                    the invitation to join. I had received a warning a few days earlier and didn't open them. If I
                                                    remember correctly, I think I got one several weeks back also. Just out of curiousity I
                                                    checked Snopes.com to see if they had any info, but they did not. I sent them info on the
                                                    e-mails and suggested this might be a topic for them to investigate.

                                                    Ell Geib

                                                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@...> wrote:

                                                    > Wow!
                                                    > I didn't expect so many replies so quickly!
                                                    >
                                                    > No worries... I deleted the e-mail and never went to the site.
                                                    > I usually delete such e-mails.
                                                    > I was just wondering if this person was actually a part of our Z-
                                                    > community.
                                                    >
                                                    > Alex
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Karin received it also... Don't go there Alex.
                                                    > > Loren

                                                  • M & J Piersdorff
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Oct 7, 2008
                                                      I think there is another one making the rounds offering "Amazing Freebies".

                                                      Watch out!

                                                      Michael

                                                      I have received at least 3 of these Grouply invitations, each with a different name doing
                                                      the invitation to join. I had received a warning a few days earlier and didn't open them. If I
                                                      remember correctly, I think I got one several weeks back also. Just out of curiousity I
                                                      checked Snopes.com to see if they had any info, but they did not. I sent them info on the
                                                      e-mails and suggested this might be a topic for them to investigate.

                                                      Ell Geib

                                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <butasama@...> wrote:

                                                      > Wow!
                                                      > I didn't expect so many replies so quickly!
                                                      >
                                                      > No worries... I deleted the e-mail and never went to the site.
                                                      > I usually delete such e-mails.
                                                      > I was just wondering if this person was actually a part of our Z-
                                                      > community.
                                                      >
                                                      > Alex
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Karin received it also... Don't go there Alex.
                                                      > > Loren

                                                    • de Champeaux Dominique
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Oct 8, 2008
                                                        I also received this mail, and directly put it in the trash basket...
                                                        Dom