RE: [Z_Scale] Altoids

  • Melissa Cull
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi Bill,

      Don't forget the Italian pure Liquorice tins by Amarelli (spelling?) many of
      these are the same size as the Altoids Tin for those like me that can't
      tolerate mint sweets but adores liquorice. Now Marklin and Liquorice would
      be good:-)

      Another useful container for Z scale is the Tool Box Candy - cute little
      plastic tool boxes with a tiny folding handle full of tool shaped candy -
      these will hold small wagons / cars and accessories.

      Kind RegardZ

      Melissa
      UK

      Those Altoids mints you buy at the grocery store.

      Well, after you have eaten the mints, save the little metal boxes.
      They are great for storing, transporting and shipping Z scale items.

      In fact, I find it hard to believe that Markllin and the Altoids
      company have not gotten together and issued an Altoids car or cars
      packaged in one of their boxes.

      Bill

    • MOFWCABOOSE@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        Reminds me of the time that Maerklin and MacDonald's were looking at the idea of en masse building of a small model railroad for placement in MacDonald's outlets. The idea was to?run a special edition of Maerklin's railbus, painted with MacDonald's logos on it.

        The proprietor of Modellbahn Freunde (now deceased), suggested that they add a trailer lettered for Pepto-Bismol.

        Needless to say, neither idea came to pass.

        John C. La Rue,Jr.
        Bonita Springs, FL

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          Bill,

          You have a great idea. I have been collecting the cans for years and
          have engine and a whole assortment of other "tiny" things stored in
          them.

          They are tasty also!

          Tom in Dallas