Re: [Z_Scale] Thoughts on advertising, was: New cars from MK4D

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2008
      In a message dated 9/6/08 7:01:38 PM, butch60619@... writes:

      > Why do manufacturers hesitate about advertising their products?
      > It's not like they have to pay exorbitant sums of money for a one page
      > add. Had I known his latest 2 cars were available I would have sent my
      > order in already, cause it takes almost 3 or 4 wks. to get it.

      Harold brings up an excellent point. There are quite a few very talented
      small manufacturers and Z scale dealers who do not advertise their offerings.
      Advertising is extremely important. Consistent advertising keeps your companies
      name and offerings in front of consumers. It creates demand and allows consumers
      to find your products and contact information.

      For the Z scale community, there are a few options to advertise. Ztrack
      reaches over 1,700 Z scalers in 40 countries. The rates are extremely economical
      compared to other publication. For as little as $38.00 an issue, one can run a
      black and white business card ad. To run the same ad in color is only $110.00
      per issue. There are no minimums and clients can run one time, or every issue.

      Another option for Ztrack is inserts. Clients can send us post cards, flyers
      or even catalogs and we will insert this in Ztrack. This is an incredible way
      to get your information out at a rate far less expensive than direct mailing.

      Ztrack is also pushing web advertising. We are now accepting advertising on
      Ztrack Center. Ztrack has partnered with Z Central Station to sell ads onto
      their web page. Again, this is a very economical way to advertise, plus we offer
      discounts for running both print ads and web ads.

      Another option is to sponsor the Coffee Break on John Cubbin's Ztrains.com
      site. This very popular feature is updated weekly and has a huge following.

      Of course, one can also make announcements on the forums. We do this with all
      of our new products. But we find that the most responses continue to come
      from exposure in Ztrack with support of online announcements and web advertising.

      To learn more about advertising and advertising options, I recommend
      contacting Deane Shepard. Deane can go over rates, options and programs to get your
      name and products in front of the Z community at large. Visit:

      http://www.ztrack.com/advertise/index.html

      Or email Deane direct at:
      ztrackads@...

      Rob Kluz