[Z_Scale] Re: Ztrains.com: The Brief Rant

  • Zane H. Healy
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 5 11:07 AM
      At 4:30 PM +0000 9/5/08, Ellsworth Geib wrote:
      >If I recall correctly (a long time ago now), they looked down on
      >N-scale at first also. They
      >probably will continue to ignore Z-scale until some people start
      >doing operations with
      >complex switching, card orders, and such. This bias shows up in
      >other places besides
      >Model Railroader itself. Their new 2009 book on designing layouts
      >doesn't have Z listed on
      >the cover.Model Railroader still has lots of good info in it though.

      Isn't Model Railroader mainly HO? Something to consider is this,
      with Z Scale we have the Z Track magazine, and with N Scale there are
      two good magazines. I believe the other scales have magazines as
      well, but what HO specific magazines are there?

      I buy Model Railroader quite often. I especially like their annuals.
      What can I say, I buy it for the pictures. Granted it would be nice
      to see some Z Scale stuff in there, but that isn't the reason I buy
      the magazine.

      Zane

      | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
    • de Champeaux Dominique