Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 3, 2008
      Yeah, and I know where you live........I'd stand out front with a sign that
      said..........."this way to great AZL products"
      Who needs enemies when you got a friend like me... :o)

      From: <ztrack@...>
      In a message dated 9/3/08 12:34:44 AM, ljsnyder@... writes:

      > Don't you mean you didn't have the moola to buy the E8? :o)>
      > We want so much, but our pocket book says "no no no">
      Loren,

      Sorry, it is not so much about the moola. I have to be good. I just can't
      keep one for myself when only 8 were made. If our loyal customer knew I was
      hoarding rare AZL releases, they would start beating down the doors! LOL!

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      Distributor American Z Line
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 6, 2008
        >So what are the odds we can get Marklin to do a PC GG1?
        >
        >Rob
        >
        >Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        >6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        >Dublin, OH 43016
        >phone/fax:

        I think you'd better purchase a sample of any paintscheme, and do a repaint job....

        Dom
      • Elizabeth Hayes
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 6, 2008
          doesn't AHC have about 20 different paint schemes for their HO scale GG1 ? and they did not bother with that stupid looking Conrail bicentennial red scheme? based on the lack of sales of that Marklin release it will probably be a while until the next one, but of course as soon as you buy one to repaint it, they will come out with exactly the same scheme as you just painted, never fails.

          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: ddechamp71@...: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 15:59:01 +0000Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 7, 2008
            make that IHC

            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: ehayes24@...: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 00:10:55 +0000Subject: RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

            doesn't AHC have about 20 different paint schemes for their HO scale GG1 ? and they did not bother with that stupid looking Conrail bicentennial red scheme? based on the lack of sales of that Marklin release it will probably be a while until the next one, but of course as soon as you buy one to repaint it, they will come out with exactly the same scheme as you just painted, never fails.To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: ddechamp71@...: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 15:59:01 +0000Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central>So what are the odds we can get Marklin to do a PC GG1?>>Rob>>Ztrack Magazine Ltd.>6142 Northcliff Blvd.>Dublin, OH 43016>phone/fax: I think you'd better purchase a sample of any paintscheme, and do a repaint job....Dom __________________________________________________________Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • Manfred G
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 8, 2008
              I really don't know what you all are complaining about. It took me only
              5 minutes on Google to come up with Marklin 88490 PC GG1 in z-scale.
              Though I think it is the dark green not the maroon color. So I guess you
              can still complain that they don't have the color that you want. :-)

              Manfred

              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 8, 2008
                it is supposed to be black, you probably found the regular Pennsy one instead, it has only been released by Marklin in Pennsy green (brunswick) and the Conrail bicentennila circus clown scheme

                To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: AFN47583@...: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:57:58 -0400Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

                I really don't know what you all are complaining about. It took me only 5 minutes on Google to come up with Marklin 88490 PC GG1 in z-scale. Though I think it is the dark green not the maroon color. So I guess you can still complain that they don't have the color that you want. :-)Manfredztrack@... wrote:> In a message dated 9/2/08 10:40:52 AM, shipsure2003@... writes:> > > >>See you FINALLY found someone else who models PC ! :oP>>> > > Woo Hooo I have a friend! :)> > Joe, I have my PC GP35! I proudly showed it off in the January/February issue > of Ztrack this year. Incidentally, what I don't have is one of the AZL PC > E8s. These all went out to customers and I didn't have the heart to keep one for > myself. They were great looking locos. Hmmm MTL is going to do E8s... Joe...?> > So what are the odds we can get Marklin to do a PC GG1?> > Rob> > > > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.> 6142 Northcliff Blvd.> Dublin, OH 43016> phone/fax: (614) 764-1703> www.ztrack.com> www.ztrackcenter.com> Distributor American Z Line> > > > **************> It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel > deal here.> > (http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047)> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > > ------------------------------------> > Z-scale: minimum siZe, MAXIMUM enjoyment!> Yahoo! Groups Links> > > >

              • Elizabeth Hayes
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 8, 2008
                  right now on that popular internet auction site , someone is selling a micro-trains F7 that they have repainted a Penn Central and also moved the front headlight; if you want a cab unit and didn`t get an AZL E8.

                  To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: kenarm322@...: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:23:39 -0400Subject: [Z_Scale] Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

                  I need to ask the list for some information and advice on two projects.#1 To run behind my Penn Central GP35s, I have brush painted a couple MT 50 ft fish-belly gondolas with PollyScale Penn Central green. This model is very close to some the PC ran. Painted they look very good although not quite as fine as air-brushed ones. When weathered the thicker and slightly irregular paint may add to the effect. After a few years some of these cars were so rusted and weathered they appeared black so some irregularity is probably authentic.Now I need decals to label them. I have made n-scale decals with MS Word and my HP printer but have been able to get white lettering only by making a black mask on white decal paper. This works on black cars but unfortunately with green I cannot hide the white edges adequately.So,my question: Where can I get Z-scale decals? Does anyone make them commercially? or are there people who will do small custom runs at affordable cost?Item #2 I have a MT center cupola caboose that I want to strip and paint for the Penn Central. This MT model is very close some the PC acquired from the Lehigh Valley and repainted in PC green with white lettering. There were two lettering schemes. There are some variations in the end windows but otherwise the MT caboose is an accurate match. (Joe and MT, this would be a quick project and all those people with PC GP35s need cabooses.)So what is the best way to strip the original MT paint from my Smokey Bear caboose?Thanks in AdvanceKen A.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 8, 2008
                    In a message dated 9/8/08 6:20:41 PM, ehayes24@... writes:

                    > I really don't know what you all are complaining about. It took me only 5
                    > minutes on Google to come up with Marklin 88490 PC GG1 in z-scale.

                    The 88490 is a Pennsylvania Railroad GG1. The Penn Central is the predecessor
                    of the PRR and came about after the PRR merged with the New York Central.
                    Many of the PC GG1s were black with a large white PC logo. Here is an image of
                    one:

                    http://www.geocities.com/jd696/gg1-pc.jpg

                    Rob

                    Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                    6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                    Dublin, OH 43016
                    phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                    www.ztrack.com
                    www.ztrackcenter.com
                    Distributor American Z Line

                  • Konrad Malkowski
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 8, 2008
                      Rob,
                      I think you mean Penn Central is a successor of PRR and NYC merger.

                      cheers

                      Konrad

                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 9, 2008
                        Yeah, and as far as I know the PC version has never been released by Marklin, am I right?
                        Dom

                      • ztrack@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 9, 2008
                          In a message dated 9/9/08 3:41:23 AM, ddechamp71@... writes:

                          > Yeah, and as far as I know the PC version has never been released by
                          > Marklin, am I right?

                          Dom,

                          You are correct. Only the green PRR and the bicentennial Conrail were
                          released.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 9, 2008
                            the postive thing is that the "friendly worms" logo on the sides of some GG1s was large in size and you can use N scale PC caboose decals for approximately the caorrect size logos, the negative side is that it is more difficult to come up with the correct size lettering to go underneath the logo

                            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: ztrack@...: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:09:43 -0400Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Need Advice on Repainting MT cars for the Penn Central

                            In a message dated 9/8/08 6:20:41 PM, ehayes24@... writes:> I really don't know what you all are complaining about. It took me only 5 > minutes on Google to come up with Marklin 88490 PC GG1 in z-scale.> The 88490 is a Pennsylvania Railroad GG1. The Penn Central is the predecessor of the PRR and came about after the PRR merged with the New York Central. Many of the PC GG1s were black with a large white PC logo. Here is an image of one:http://www.geocities.com/jd696/gg1-pc.jpgRobZtrack Magazine Ltd.6142 Northcliff Blvd.Dublin, OH 43016phone/fax: (614) 764-1703www.ztrack.comwww.ztrackcenter.comDistributor American Z Line**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                          • Chris M
                            Message 13 of 24 , Sep 9, 2008
                              Hi group,
                              I'm brand new. I want to start a conversion project (it's a secret for now) and need a MT F7. I'm too broke to buy one right now, so if anyone has, for whatever reason, a cheapie, or possibly even parts, I'd be interested to hear from you. Thanks.
                            • David K. Smith
                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 9, 2008
                                What parts are you looking for?

                                --David