Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Linda Rankin

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2008
      Alex,
      Election year.....what a ride this one is turning out to be.

      As for the peanuts, I had to use them to pack a box for shipment. Ran out
      of bubble wrap.

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
        The N Scalers lost one of their greats too, John Coots Jr of N Scale
        of Nevada, on the 27th. About 20 years ago John produced a special
        limited white metal Piggy Packer kit in N Scale. It sold out real
        quick, but I got one. Back then you had to be on Captian Blaster's
        mailing list to find out about anything. It was probably the first
        intermodal equipment available, and started the trend in N.

        I spent about 20 hours building mine, and painted it for UP, after
        having visited an intermodal yard that had a huge Mi-Jack in Nampa
        Idaho, and been bitten by the intermodal bug the first time.

        You are always inspired by work and offerings of others, especially
        when it's something you love to do too.

        I have a couple Linda Rankin pieces myself, and admired them as
        caricatures reflecting things I know and love to do.

        Linda's work always included all the elements of a good scene, whether
        she was depicting a place full of life, activity, and happiness, a
        place that has fallen into neglect and disrepair and is little used,
        or more lately, a place inhabited only by spiders, cobwebs, and ghosts
        of the past.

        Over the past 5 years I have seen aspects of her work, as well as
        2GrayBros, and TheOtherLionel, (the original 3 I watched) continued in
        the works of Karin Snyder, Mike Duggan, and others, so I say Linda
        Rankin lives on in those who's work she inspired, and will always be
        remembered in our small community.

        -Robert