Re: Re : [Z_Scale] Z Track

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 4, 2008
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "up148" <up148@...> wrote:

      > Nice job Loren! I lot of railroading in a very small space. If I
      > remember it was an over and under figure 8 with a lot of scenery.
      > Caught my attention!
      >
      > Butch

      Hi all,i am new to Z scale having built Chester Vermont in N scale that
      was shown all over the UK a few years ago and made the peco
      Continentall modeler as well.
      I am just building an 8' long by 18" wide layout in Z based on the
      California coast for show work.If the locos could not run at scale
      speed with a train of about 15 freight cars i would not have bothered
      but they do and really well,just keep your track and wheels clean.
      i visited Ztrack here in the UK back in May and was dissapointed that
      the layouts all ran at 100mph and were more like toy tains rather than
      layouts.
      If we are to show Z off to its full potential the layouts need to look
      and run as real as poss.This is only my opinon mind.
      Dave Dawes
      Reading UK
    • Loren
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 4, 2008
        Dave,
        I think all of us over on this side of the pond will agree with you. What's
        wrong with those guys who run those trains? Are they on speed?