Re: [Z_Scale] my grassanator has arrived

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      Well, worth the wait..Mellisa Cull has started to dispatch her grassanator's
      Mine has arrived to day and I am impressed with the size and quality. You
      chaps on the other side of the pond have a real treat coming. If it works as
      well as it looks then this is a winner. Mellisa has had heath issues and this
      caused a delay in delivery. But it is worth the time we have had to wait for
      the item to be made on this side of the pond, considering a lot of the parts
      came from your side of the pond.

      I hope tomorrow or very soon be able to play with it and start to finish of
      the layout. Now the trees are all in place (Loren's and my own) I will soon be
      enjoying the finished item which has taken me over 2 years to make - 5' x
      32" all with MTL track...

      I intend to use Woodlands Senics field grass FG171 to 174 cut down with
      scissors to an appropriate size so it will go through the holes of the box
      dispenser on the unit.

      So thank you Melissa

      Bob Fage (on your side of the pond in the UK)

      p.s it even comes with 12 months warranty.

    • Loren
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        Robert,
        We are looking forward to seeing pictures please.

        > Well, worth the wait..Mellisa Cull has started to dispatch her
        > grassanator's
        > Mine has arrived to day and I am impressed with the size and quality.
        > You
        > chaps on the other side of the pond have a real treat coming. If it works
        > as
        > well as it looks then this is a winner. Mellisa has had heath issues and
        > this
        > caused a delay in delivery. But it is worth the time we have had to wait
        > for
        > the item to be made on this side of the pond, considering a lot of the
        > parts
        > came from your side of the pond.
        >
        > I hope tomorrow or very soon be able to play with it and start to finish
        > of
        > the layout. Now the trees are all in place (Loren's and my own) I will
        > soon be
        > enjoying the finished item which has taken me over 2 years to make - 5' x
        > 32" all with MTL track...
        >
        > I intend to use Woodlands Senics field grass FG171 to 174 cut down with
        > scissors to an appropriate size so it will go through the holes of the box
        > dispenser on the unit.
        >
        > So thank you Melissa
        >
        > Bob Fage (on your side of the pond in the UK)
        >
        > p.s it even comes with 12 months warranty.

      • Melissa Cull
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          ThankZ Bob,

          Glad the wait was worth it. I enjoyed making them in between my creaky
          health throwing various wobblies.

          Yes it does have a 12 month warranty - subject to not zapping catzillers or
          burglers with it, dropping it or throwing into water, I always provide a
          warranty with any electronic gizmo I make.

          Hope you all enjoy. I'll post a photo of the Grassinator UK style once
          worked out how to.

          Kind RegardZ

          Melissa Cull
          UK

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
            Melissa, I thought I was allowed to make duel use of it? it is a smaller
            version of the electric tennis racket for the flies????? Trouble is the wire
            stops me chasing them and as it is such a small unit they get past me all the
            time

            Bob Fage (in the UK)

          • Don A
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
              Use a BIG funnel to direct fast moving & jumping objects toward the
              electronics part.

              ...don

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

              > Melissa, I thought I was allowed to make duel use of it? it is a
              smaller
              > version of the electric tennis racket for the flies????? Trouble is
              the wire
              > stops me chasing them and as it is such a small unit they get past
              me all the
              > time
              >
              > Bob Fage (in the UK)

            • Melissa Cull
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
                Hi Bob,

                Using as a fly zapper only will invalidate the warranty.

                Flies are OK only if on your glue patch whilst laying the grass - then it
                works great as a mini insect-ecuter:-)

                Kind RegardZ

                Melissa Cull
                UK