Re : [Z_Scale] AZL SD70/75 Wheel Gauge Issues?

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      I recommand using a MTL track & wheel gauge, as every AZL motive power comes with wheels a little bit too close to each other on every axle. It's pretty easy to regauge them, and afterwards they work flawlessly on all types of turnouts.
      Dom

      On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 03:26:31 -0000
      "italianmotofest" <swanpondwv@netzero. net> wrote:

      > I'm ready to purchase an AZL SD75. But I recall something about the
      > wheels having a width problem. Was this SD75s or SD70s or both? Can
      > anyone shed some light on this?

      Early microtrains switches have a slight gauging problem[1] that shows up
      with some non MTL stock. Märklin is fine and the later reports on the
      list were that the revised (later) MTL switches had been slightly tweaked
      and were ok too.

      Alan
      [1] "Problem" is perhaps overstrong. There wasn't a single non vendor
      laid down spec for this unlike some older gauges.