First post from a first timer Z-er

  • johnathancatt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2008
      Hi,
      Thought since I signed on here I should at least post and say hello.I
      just recieved my first Z scale loco today an MTL GP9.Plans for it
      include chopping the short hood and hopefully using the GP35 cab on
      it.Paint will be blue and yellow and it will be lettered for my Grande
      Valley Railway which has been around since 1978.I also have a GP35
      coming too.

      My Z scale layout will be 24"X48" and thats about as far as I have
      gotton with that part.I do know that what ever the plan evolves to it
      will be rather simple but still enjoyable.

      Well this should be enough prattle for a first post so I will get out
      of here and go look at some of your pictures.

      Johnathan (Catt) in West Michigan
    • robertfage@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
        Welcome Jonathan

        This is a friendly site and you will get plenty of help and advice if you
        want it (and sometimes even when you do not want it)...seriously plenty of
        people to exchange ideas all over the world with one interest - z gauge. most of
        us and I say most of us are not to technical and go off subject given the
        chance..but hell it is nice to know that Loren (Snyder) in Medford OR is baking
        in the sun in the 80's when it is poring rain here in the United Kingdom..
        So it is not Z Z Z all the time... But if you want Z info then you will find
        it from a great group of guys and ladies....

        Bob Fage (in the United Kingdom)

      • Loren
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
          Uh Bob,
          Haven't you heard?..........about 105 today in Southern Oregon. Where did
          you get the notion we were enjoying 80's temperatures?
          I wish!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
            Low 40's and heavy rain in the UK - swop with you for a day or so Loren.

            Bob Fage (in the UK)

          • Loren
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
              How about if we just trade about 50% of each? That ought to balance out
              somewhere in the comfortable range, eh?

              > Low 40's and heavy rain in the UK - swop with you for a day or so Loren.
              >
              > Bob Fage (in the UK)

            • Bob Scherzer
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
                Hi Johnathan,
                Welcome to z scale.

                I suspect that I'm somewhere in your area.
                Bob in Kalamazoo

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "johnathancatt" <johnathancatt@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > Thought since I signed on here I should at least post and say hello.I
                > just recieved my first Z scale loco today an MTL GP9.Plans for it
                > include chopping the short hood and hopefully using the GP35 cab on
                > it.Paint will be blue and yellow and it will be lettered for my Grande
                > Valley Railway which has been around since 1978.I also have a GP35
                > coming too.
                >
                > My Z scale layout will be 24"X48" and thats about as far as I have
                > gotton with that part.I do know that what ever the plan evolves to it
                > will be rather simple but still enjoyable.
                >
                > Well this should be enough prattle for a first post so I will get out
                > of here and go look at some of your pictures.
                >
                > Johnathan (Catt) in West Michigan

              • ronaldjhurley
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
                  Welcome Johnathan! You are ahead of me and I've been an avid follower for a couple of
                  years now! One of these days I'll get that layout started! Lots of great advice from the
                  guys and gals! ron