Re: John Cubbins Snowdiorama and Davids GP40 mod

  • ronaldjhurley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5 6:47 PM
      Jurg,
      I saved this to savor when I had some time on a Saturday night. Wow! Thanks so much
      for sharing the details with us all. What a treat to see a master work created! I'm sure
      there are other wonderful artists creating beautiful works but few share like John and
      Jurg... we are all very grateful. ron

      > Dear Friends
      >
      > I've finished the website with the progress from John Cubbin's stunning
      > Snowdiorama a minute ago and I've placed some pictures of David
      > Freehlings great GP40 mod along with several other "Snowshots" on a
      > special site too. Let me say thanks for all the great work that my
      > Friends are doing for me, it's very appreciated.
      >
      > http://www.rosetown.ch/News/Sdiorama.htm
      >
      > http://www.rosetown.ch/News/Snowshots.htm
      >
      > Sincerley
      > Jürg
      >
      > http://www.rosetown.ch

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 11:57 PM
        Hi Ronald,
        I feel the same way. I especially enjoy viewing the
        diorama when I've been outside in the Texas heat and
        want to go inside and sit back with a Mojito. Chill down a bit.
        In fact, if I look at it too long while the AC is running I begin
        looking around for a sweater!

        This diorama captures all those Winters I spent up in the
        Rockies a couple of decades ago. But it got to where I could
        no longer abide the long cold and dark of Colorado.

        Wasn't there a Z scaler who built a beautiful 4 Seasons
        layout that was featured in Model Railroader a while back?

        Reynard
        On Jul 5, 2008, at 6:47 PM, ronaldjhurley wrote:

        > Jurg,
        > I saved this to savor when I had some time on a Saturday night.
        > Wow! Thanks so much
        > for sharing the details with us all. What a treat to see a master
        > work created! I'm sure
        > there are other wonderful artists creating beautiful works but few
        > share like John and
        > Jurg... we are all very grateful. ron
        > >
        > > Dear Friends
        > >
        > > I've finished the website with the progress from John Cubbin's
        > stunning
        > > Snowdiorama a minute ago and I've placed some pictures of David
        > > Freehlings great GP40 mod along with several other "Snowshots" on a
        > > special site too. Let me say thanks for all the great work that my
        > > Friends are doing for me, it's very appreciated.
        > >
        > > http://www.rosetown.ch/News/Sdiorama.htm
        > >
        > > http://www.rosetown.ch/News/Snowshots.htm
        > >
        > > Sincerley
        > > Jürg
        > >
        > > http://www.rosetown.ch

      • de Champeaux Dominique
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6 6:21 AM
          >Wasn't there a Z scaler who built a beautiful 4 Seasons
          >layout that was featured in Model Railroader a while back?

          Yes, it was a layout built by Lynn St Laurent, that has been sold since then to a fellow member of this group, living in Sweden or in Norway, and whom I forgot the name.....

          Dom