Photo taking TIP

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      With a background in the graphic industry for close to 40 years. I
      would like to past this information on. I have seen many photos from
      many modlers over the years of train show and home layouts.
      A few things to remember:
      1) The person(s) viewing your shot want to see more of the layout and
      or people that worked on the layout. Get closer.
      2) Select one of two part of the layout that jump at you, and use that
      to show off the layout.
      3) Viewers of your photos want to see the people faces, not a shot of
      the whole person. Remember the viewer wants to get to know the
      person(s) in the shot as you got to met them.
      4) Also if you are one of these new none film camera, set the picture
      quality at the highest or next the highest setting. This will give you
      a better photo with sharper image of the subject your shooting.

      Things that you SHOULDN'T do:
      1) Shoot a long shot of a person standing behind his/her layout. You
      how the shot, a person you can tell who they are is next to a layout
      your can't see.
      2) Shoot a photo of just a train on the layout.Try to shot a photo of
      the train near buildings etc on the track.
      Good example of a great model shot: Look at Ztrack covers, you feel
      as you are right there in the shot. You see action you feel layout.

      I only mention this to HELP. I see so many photos people take at
      train shows, where you do not see anything. You know the layout was
      great, the person told me so in the posting. But, I see is a table
      with people standing and I think a train running.
      You will be a lot happy days aftet the show or years later, when you
      look at them and see all the great layouts and people you met in person.

      Aaron Poscovsky