Re: Last run thru the Alps !

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2008
      And don't forget to post new pix from your Caribou Lake modules.
      Hope they came out OK

      Jeff

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Baechtold"
      <daniel.baechtold@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Nice summary Jeff; You forgot about your broken shoulder and the
      pain all the time :-) seems like you took only the best memories
      back home!

      > can't wait for the pics!
      >
      > Best wishes, Daniel
      >

      > 1a. Fw: Last run thru the Alps !
      > Posted by: "Jeff" sjbazman49@... sj_baz_man
      > Date: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:25 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Back in the cab of the BLS cargo train with Daniel Baechtold.
      Started just across the Swiss border in Haltingen, Germany (by Wil
      on the Rhein). There was a load problem that held up our first
      Lok's arrival but we made it all up. Normal departures usually get
      held up all over so starting late is good. We ended up in Frutigen,
      in in the Kander Valley by one of the NEAT tunnel, just past Thun,
      about 50km south of the Bern capital.. Talk about super elevated
      track! About a 12" difference from one track pair to the other !!
      The new high speed test train was parked on a siding. This one can
      increase the existing speed by tilting the cars themselves by an
      additional 9 degrees. There are some LONG turnouts for 120kmh
      trains. Look like a #12 or something.
      > Our loads are 3 axle trucks (Lorries) on the equivelant of a
      containel car. 4 macro sized wheels under it ! Pix when I get home.

      > Well, off we go, back down the hill, dynamically breaking most of
      the way.

      > We pass thru Olten, nearby where Jürg lives but not able to stop
      by on this visit.

      > Jeff
      > SF Bay Area
      > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      >
      > --
      > daniel baechtold
      > ahornstrasse 3
      > ch-4313 moehlin
      >
      > daniel.baechtold@...
      > http://www.caribou.lake.ch.vu/
      >
      > GMX startet ShortView.de. Hier findest Du Leute mit Deinen
      Interessen!
      mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx