Re: DCC start and slow down CV value??

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      I found it: CV29 is 7 for 2 digit addressing and 35 for 4 digit
      addressing.

      Jeff

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@...>
      wrote:

      > Min, Mid and Max are still the same (CV2, CV6 and CV5,
      respectively).

      > CV29 just needs a value of 1 added to the current value (depends
      on
      > 2/4 digit addressing, 14 or 28/128 speed steps, DC mode on, etc.)
      > The default value is 6 (14 speed steps, 2 digits, no DC mode).
      Add
      > a 1 = 7. Program it as desired (28/128 speed steps, etc.). Then
      > read CV29 on the Programming track and add 1. You might end up
      with
      > 39 instead of 38. NCE had the brainer chart for this programming
      > and I see they have reverted the website document back to the one
      > page (no detail) version of the decoder manual and I am at work so
      > don't have the full one. Will check at home. Much easier than
      > Digitrax's manual.
      >
      > The Acceleration is in two places, the Cab (your hand held) and
      the
      > Decoders. The decoders use CV3 Acceleration and CV4 for
      > Deceleration - both defaults are 0 anyway). So if you have
      momentum
      > effects, they are either from the Cab or the BEMF in the
      decoders.
      > Turn off BEMF off in Z scale decoders as it doesn't know what to
      do
      > with our little currents and trys to over compensate, keeping the
      > speed atrificially high. CV57=0 to kill BEMF. Default is 0. The
      > reason I say this is that I have seen locos that won't slow down
      as
      > commanded, then almost rapidly stop a few seconds later or the
      same
      > on start, waiting several seconds and then taking off rapidly.
      This
      > is NOT acceleration or deceleration when there is a rapid change
      or
      > big delay. That is BEMF (Scalable Speed Stabilazation [Digitrax],
      > Torque Compensate [NCE], etc.)
      >
      > z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Can any one tell me the CV codes to use on the digitrax board
      > when installed
      > > up side down in the GP 35 or GP9 for acceleration and to slow
      > down... CV29
      > > and then what is the amount???? to change it to a nice steady
      > slow down ...
      > > not to fast not to slow. same for starting.
      > >
      > > Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • John Mui
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
        Bob, the 123 has a swithching speed mode, and its controlled by cv54. Just
        add 1 to the value, and its control by F6. When its on, it will slow the
        engine by half.

        John

      • robertfage@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
          Many thanks John.. I will add that to the next loco I code up.

          Bob Fage (in the UK)

        • robertfage@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
            Again many thanks for the info