Re: [Z_Scale] Re: DCC start and slow down CV value??

  • robertfage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      Can any one tell me the CV codes to use on the digitrax board when installed
      up side down in the GP 35 or GP9 for acceleration and to slow down... CV29
      and then what is the amount???? to change it to a nice steady slow down ...
      not to fast not to slow. same for starting.

      Bob Fage (in the UK)

    • Jeff BAZ-man
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
        Min, Mid and Max are still the same (CV2, CV6 and CV5, respectively).

        CV29 just needs a value of 1 added to the current value (depends on
        2/4 digit addressing, 14 or 28/128 speed steps, DC mode on, etc.)
        The default value is 6 (14 speed steps, 2 digits, no DC mode). Add
        a 1 = 7. Program it as desired (28/128 speed steps, etc.). Then
        read CV29 on the Programming track and add 1. You might end up with
        39 instead of 38. NCE had the brainer chart for this programming
        and I see they have reverted the website document back to the one
        page (no detail) version of the decoder manual and I am at work so
        don't have the full one. Will check at home. Much easier than
        Digitrax's manual.

        The Acceleration is in two places, the Cab (your hand held) and the
        Decoders. The decoders use CV3 Acceleration and CV4 for
        Deceleration - both defaults are 0 anyway). So if you have momentum
        effects, they are either from the Cab or the BEMF in the decoders.
        Turn off BEMF off in Z scale decoders as it doesn't know what to do
        with our little currents and trys to over compensate, keeping the
        speed atrificially high. CV57=0 to kill BEMF. Default is 0. The
        reason I say this is that I have seen locos that won't slow down as
        commanded, then almost rapidly stop a few seconds later or the same
        on start, waiting several seconds and then taking off rapidly. This
        is NOT acceleration or deceleration when there is a rapid change or
        big delay. That is BEMF (Scalable Speed Stabilazation [Digitrax],
        Torque Compensate [NCE], etc.)

        z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

        > Can any one tell me the CV codes to use on the digitrax board
        when installed
        > up side down in the GP 35 or GP9 for acceleration and to slow
        down... CV29
        > and then what is the amount???? to change it to a nice steady
        slow down ...
        > not to fast not to slow. same for starting.
        >
        > Bob Fage (in the UK)

      • Jeff BAZ-man
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
          I found it: CV29 is 7 for 2 digit addressing and 35 for 4 digit
          addressing.

          Jeff

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff BAZ-man" <sjbazman49@...>
          wrote:

          > Min, Mid and Max are still the same (CV2, CV6 and CV5,
          respectively).

          > CV29 just needs a value of 1 added to the current value (depends
          on
          > 2/4 digit addressing, 14 or 28/128 speed steps, DC mode on, etc.)
          > The default value is 6 (14 speed steps, 2 digits, no DC mode).
          Add
          > a 1 = 7. Program it as desired (28/128 speed steps, etc.). Then
          > read CV29 on the Programming track and add 1. You might end up
          with
          > 39 instead of 38. NCE had the brainer chart for this programming
          > and I see they have reverted the website document back to the one
          > page (no detail) version of the decoder manual and I am at work so
          > don't have the full one. Will check at home. Much easier than
          > Digitrax's manual.
          >
          > The Acceleration is in two places, the Cab (your hand held) and
          the
          > Decoders. The decoders use CV3 Acceleration and CV4 for
          > Deceleration - both defaults are 0 anyway). So if you have
          momentum
          > effects, they are either from the Cab or the BEMF in the
          decoders.
          > Turn off BEMF off in Z scale decoders as it doesn't know what to
          do
          > with our little currents and trys to over compensate, keeping the
          > speed atrificially high. CV57=0 to kill BEMF. Default is 0. The
          > reason I say this is that I have seen locos that won't slow down
          as
          > commanded, then almost rapidly stop a few seconds later or the
          same
          > on start, waiting several seconds and then taking off rapidly.
          This
          > is NOT acceleration or deceleration when there is a rapid change
          or
          > big delay. That is BEMF (Scalable Speed Stabilazation [Digitrax],
          > Torque Compensate [NCE], etc.)
          >
          > z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Can any one tell me the CV codes to use on the digitrax board
          > when installed
          > > up side down in the GP 35 or GP9 for acceleration and to slow
          > down... CV29
          > > and then what is the amount???? to change it to a nice steady
          > slow down ...
          > > not to fast not to slow. same for starting.
          > >
          > > Bob Fage (in the UK)

        • John Mui
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
            Bob, the 123 has a swithching speed mode, and its controlled by cv54. Just
            add 1 to the value, and its control by F6. When its on, it will slow the
            engine by half.

            John

          • robertfage@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
              Many thanks John.. I will add that to the next loco I code up.

              Bob Fage (in the UK)

            • robertfage@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
                Again many thanks for the info