Re: [Z_Scale] New to Z

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 42 , May 1, 2008
      Rob is right.......Z locos can run so slow that you get bored watching them
      crawl.
      Regarding the Marklin 0-6-0s you need to run jumper wires from a car that is
      hooked behind the loco permanently and wire the wheels for current pick up.
      Then you have twice the electrical pickup and little chance of stalling.
      Glen Chenier has done this on a 0-6-0 with good results.

      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 26, 2012
        I would like to thank everyone for the reply's to this post. I did check out the switching videos and it certainly seems plausible. I'm not too worried about the lack of steam, as I can always scratchbuild a boiler or just place it in 1955, where there are rtr options available. I do think that the USRA models and the AMC 2-8-4's would sell well in Z, they certainly have in other scales, causing Bachmann to make several in HO and N that are C&O specific, not just the name slapped on a generic body.
        One thing if I can ask, can someone measure a AZL or MTL 2 bay offset hopper and let me know the length over the couplers? That will help me in my trackplanning tremendously.
        Thanks,
        Joe Vandenberg
        C&O Piney Creek Branch, 1944