New Z scale member

  • massabe13
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      I am new to the Z scale and am learning alot in this scale every day. I
      also belong to Z central station and enjoy the information your site
      and they have. I am just starting in the developement of a layout plan
      for the Duluth Massabe & Iron Range RR. This has been a special RR of
      mine for a long time. I know there aren't alot of steam loco's built in
      Z scale in the time era I plan to build in but who knows there might
      be a way to get around this. I have been a HO follower for a long time
      but I like the size of Z next to the rest of the gauges. I know I'll
      learn alot in these sites as I continue to study on this great
      hobby !!!!

      Den
    • Jeff BAZ-man
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2008
        Welcome Den to this forum too. Another large Z scale forum is
        Trainboard (http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/forumdisplay.php?
        f=171) where you can post pictures in the threads.

        There wasn't much US steam produced, pretty much only a Pacific or
        Mikado from Märklin and a nice Mogul from Micro-Trains (long sold
        out and long sought after, often >>$500). So many have resorted to
        either kitbashing one of the Märklin steamers to de-Euro-ise it.
        The are a few steam models on the horizon but from a 1930-50's era.

        If you are looking at turn of the century era or pre-1930's, you'll
        have to get your tools out. Or, or, step it up 40% to N scale with
        a few more options (or Nn3 it).

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "massabe13" <massabe13@...> wrote:

        > I am new to the Z scale and am learning alot in this scale every
        day. I
        > also belong to Z central station and enjoy the information your
        site
        > and they have. I am just starting in the developement of a layout
        plan
        > for the Duluth Massabe & Iron Range RR. This has been a special RR
        of
        > mine for a long time. I know there aren't alot of steam loco's
        built in
        > Z scale in the time era I plan to build in but who knows there
        might
        > be a way to get around this. I have been a HO follower for a long
        time
        > but I like the size of Z next to the rest of the gauges. I know
        I'll
        > learn alot in these sites as I continue to study on this great
        > hobby !!!!
        >
        > Den

      • Jim O'Connell
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2008
          Jeff, Marklin also makes the Casey Jones 1898 model. Marklin also makes
          the "Bumble Bee Mogul" Nn3 that if you paint it all black it shrinks it
          visually was from the 1880's. Also Republic Locomotive make the 10
          wheeler, circa 1890. Next time you come over I will show them all to
          you again! lol Cheers, Jim CCRR
        • Elizabeth Hayes
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2008
            make sure that you also check out the Fruedenreich wooden ore cars set, on WWW.fr-model.de under the US models program

            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.comFrom: massabe13@...: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:33:52 +0000Subject: [Z_Scale] New Z scale member