Re: [Z_Scale] Visiting the "other side of the pond"

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hello Loren,

      > does going to McDonald's twice in one day give me any validity? :o)

      ..not really, except that if you know McDonalds in one place you know
      it everywhere...
      ...which is the reason that I rarely go to a McDonalds except
      sometimes close to home. I want to see different things if I'm away
      from home.

      > he used to tell me he hadn't lost anything in that particular
      > country or state that he thought he needed to go look for again...

      I know some of this kind of persons too, I even have one in my family.
      My brother also don't need a passport. He won't drive longer then one
      filling of gas in his car allows.

      > I [...] fear the birds will eat my bread crumbs and I won't be able
      > to find my way back to McDonalds.

      Hey don't you like a challenge when you get home again... ;-)

      > Besides, with Karin going here and there...

      as Karin wrote: it'S much more fun if you can share the fun of
      traveling.

      Besides we would love to show you all around in the MiWuLa in Hamburg.
      Well, it's not Z_scale, but for H0 folks they did a really great job
      there... and their bridge builder Gaston is at least seeing the
      light, and made a Z scale bridge for a member of our Z group in Hamburg.

      It really was fun to meet Larry Donsbach in Geseke this year again.
      And I hope to see a lot you in Geseke in 2010. It's always nice to see
      a person face to face instead of just writing mails...

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe