Re: [Z_Scale] Word of Caution

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2008
      Well, I can't speak to what Chad may have written to you, but I can speak
      of Chad. First and foremost, he is not looking for "customers" or "run a
      business." There is no profit to what he is doing; it is merely a service
      he is providing to the Z community. And in my dealing with him he has been
      honest and straightforward in what he says and does.

      He is very busy with a lot on his plate, so perhaps his email was a bit
      terse. One of the first things people should be tought about computers and
      email use is that it DOES NOT convey persons' true emotions, inflections,
      etc. It leaves a LOT to be interpreted, usually for the worst. You even
      said it yourself: the email insinuated. That is completely subjective.

      And there is a very important history behind WHY he is selling the
      harnesses, which I don't care to rehash here. Read the archives. And he
      isn't misleading anyone. Reread the post; it explains what and why.

      Finally, and this has been said many times on here, and is the reason I am
      mainly writing. There is no need to air your dirty laundry in the forums
      unless you have honestly tried to remedy the situation, and from what I
      can see you have not.

      > Hello Fellow Z Scalers!
      >
      > I have a word of caution. I received an email from Chad (who makes
      > the wiring harnesses) and I am incredibly put off and disappointed.
      > I had bought a wiring harness kit from Hobby Crafts N More and I
      > wanted to purchase a component from Chad. Instead of the
      > pleasantness I got from Hobby Crafts, I got an email that basically
      > insinuated that I was a moron for buying from someone else. First of
      > all, just because I am willing to pay a bit more for a much better
      > quality product, that does not make me a moron. Second of all, I
      > hope he doesn't think that he can treat people in a degrading manner
      > and still expect to get business from them. He also states that he
      > is not "electronically inclined." Why is he selling wiring and
      > electronics to people if he does not know what it is that he is
      > doing? I hope someone with actual electronic knowledge checks his
      > harnesses to verify their safety. This Chad is also misleading. He
      > claimed that he was selling Bill's original PC board and now he says
      > that he found a piece that is commercially available and is using
      > that one. Make up your mind! Someone also needs to check and see if
      > this "new" PC board-like component is the correct one for it's use.
      > Apparently he believes that he can lie and mistreat his customers or
      > potential customers and get away with it. Apparently he is
      > mistaken. I hope you all heed my warning.
      >

      > Johnny
    • non
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2008
        I have known Chad for over 5 1/2 years. He is a hard working man.
        With a full time job and doing train shows for over 15 years. For
        many years he was the only z scaler setting up a Z scale layout at
        train shows. The wiring hook up is just a way of helping other
        modelers, with NO profit for himself. I sure his words might not have
        come across in a way you wanted. He might have had a bad day at work,
        and might not used the best selection of words to help you.
        Over the years Chad and Bill spend many hours helping Z scalers love
        the hobby without asking for money for themself.
        Aaron
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Duino" <jduino@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > is not "electronically inclined." Why is he selling wiring and
        > > electronics to people if he does not know what it is that he is
        > > doing? I hope someone with actual electronic knowledge checks his
        > > harnesses to verify their safety. This Chad is also misleading.
        He
        > > claimed that he was selling Bill's original PC board and now he
        says
        > > that he found a piece that is commercially available and is using
        > > that one. Make up your mind! Someone also needs to check and
        see if
        > > this "new" PC board-like component is the correct one for it's
        use.
        > > Apparently he believes that he can lie and mistreat his customers
        or
        > > potential customers and get away with it. Apparently he is
        > > mistaken. I hope you all heed my warning.

      • Howard Shute
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2008
          Johnny,

          I recently bought a power pack harness from Chad. It compares very
          well with one that my neighbor bought when Bill was still alive and active.
          Considering that Chad worked with Bill I am not surprised. I applaud Chad
          for his work and effort since he is obvioulsy not uinning a busines but a
          service to his fellow modelers. He does not deserve the diatribe you
          presented despite your allegations of arrogance.

          howard