- No wonder there's problems on identifying these. At my workplace
there's an industrial design workshop. I could find five different
kinds of boards there.
1. The white, not so useful stuff we all know.
2. The blue, useful stuff, supposed to be extruded polystyrene,
brand name DOW Floormate 200 SL-A
3. Pale yellow board, like the blue thing, except that it has a layer
of some thicker substance on top.
4. Different kind of pale yellow board with a feeling of florist's
5. Pale brown very rigid board, which could be carved like wood,
brand name Hexcelite 100.
Colours and brand names may of course vary. Boards 1 and 3 had Finnish
brand names, board 4 had no name. None of these had chemical names
printed, and I doubt lumberyard salesmen have any better idea of those
Kari Tanskanen ktanskan@...
Tampere University of Technology Machine Design Laboratory