Re: Turnout Derailment

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 4, 2008
      You can also use the NMRA Nn3 gauge. This stainless steel sheet has
      2 fine pins for gaurd rails or just inside the rails or wheel
      flanges. For the life of me, I can't find a supplier of the NMRA
      gage. Searched every combination of the names and cannot find one
      that has it. Thought I got mine from Walthers, Nn3.org or RLW.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Poulo <apoulo@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dave,
      >
      > Thanks for the kind words and offer. I chose the Royal Gorge area
      > because of the railroad war. It gave me an excuse to run Santa Fe
      and
      > D&GRW trains together. Although I have never been there, I feel I
      know
      > every mile of track between Canon City and Pueblo. I have used
      Google
      > Earth many times to run the route.
      >
      > Andy Poulo
      >

      > On Mar 3, 2008, at 8:31 AM, pinekirk wrote:
      >
      > > hello andy,
      > > i like your layout. if you want any info or pictures (as
      available)
      > > from the area, drop me a line. it's always good to see modelers
      > > focusing in on colorado routes.
      > > dave f.
      > > canon city, co

    • stonysmith
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 4, 2008
        Over at Fast Tracks is a wonderful video with 3D cad animation that
        explains how turnouts operate, and what measurements are critical
        for smooth operation. The video is a bit long, but after watching
        it, I figured out exactly what was going wrong with one of my
        turnouts.

        http://www.handlaidtrack.com/nmra-online.php