RE: Z SCALE SUBJECTS FOR THE WIKI

  • Malcolm Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Perhaps there ought to be a section for notable layouts, e.g., the
      Gotthard by Albritton, the Western Pacific by ModelRRer in 1986, MacHan's
      ValEase Central, etc.

      Little personal stuff. I threw together a small layout for a train show
      last Saturday, finishing it 4:00AM Saturday. The layout uses a bunch of
      leftover Marklin track and 4 manual switches for a double loop with cross
      overs. First trains on it ran in front of an audience and did pretty
      well. Had a ball. Entered a Robert Ray hopper kit in the rolling stock
      contest. Got 2 votes (out of hundreds), and one of them was mine! Next
      year I'm going to take one of those big magnifiers and put the model under
      it to counter the complaint, "I couldn't see it".

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
      MCZ Models