89' flatcars ?

  • Malcolm Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 26, 2008
      Does anyone make the Alan Curtis metal 89' flatcars now that Alan has
      gone out of business?

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
    • n_2_z_scale
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 27, 2008
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone make the Alan Curtis metal 89' flatcars now that
        Alan has
        > gone out of business?
        >
        > CheerZ,
        > -- Malcolm Z

        Malcolm,

        http://www.edmodels.com is the place to go for the ex-Alan Curtis
        line of Z Intermodal.

        I just checked out their website and it is simple and has an
        interesting update. It appears they are developing a 2 bay
        Centerflow covered hopper. Nice photos and detailed too!!!!

        N2Z
      • John Mui
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 27, 2008
          Malcom, its Edmodels. http://www.edmodels.com/

          John
          > Does anyone make the Alan Curtis metal 89' flatcars now that Alan has
          > gone out of business?
          >
          > CheerZ,
          > -- Malcolm Z

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • harold grady
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 27, 2008
            Hello to all my bud-s-s-s. Yeah I just checked out the website too. Wow what a promising new developement. Can't wait for them to be released. Love those little 2 bays. Hurry hurry guys, you've got a bombshell here.
            Harold Grady

            wrote:

            > Does anyone make the Alan Curtis metal 89' flatcars now that
            Alan has
            > gone out of business?
            >
            > CheerZ,
            > -- Malcolm Z

            Malcolm,

            http://www.edmodels.com is the place to go for the ex-Alan Curtis
            line of Z Intermodal.

            I just checked out their website and it is simple and has an
            interesting update. It appears they are developing a 2 bay
            Centerflow covered hopper. Nice photos and detailed too!!!!

            N2Z

          • Garth Hamilton
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
              I tried the contact button on the edmodels page and nothing came up so
              can't see how you contact this person. Nice looking 2bay covered hopper.

              cheers
              Garth

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, harold grady <butch60619@...> wrote:

              > Hello to all my bud-s-s-s. Yeah I just checked out the website too.
              Wow what a promising new developement. Can't wait for them to be
              released. Love those little 2 bays. Hurry hurry guys, you've got a
              bombshell here.
              > Harold Grady
              >
              > n_2_z_scale <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland
              <mcleavel@>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > Does anyone make the Alan Curtis metal 89' flatcars now that
              > Alan has
              > > gone out of business?
              > >
              > > CheerZ,
              > > -- Malcolm Z
              > >

              > Malcolm,
              >
              > http://www.edmodels.com is the place to go for the ex-Alan Curtis
              > line of Z Intermodal.
              >
              > I just checked out their website and it is simple and has an
              > interesting update. It appears they are developing a 2 bay
              > Centerflow covered hopper. Nice photos and detailed too!!!!
              >
              > N2Z

            • Michael Piersdorff
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth Hamilton" <garthah@...> wrote:

                > I tried the contact button on the edmodels page and nothing came up
                so
                > can't see how you contact this person. Nice looking 2bay covered
                hopper.

                > cheers
                > Garth

                Garth, I googled "E & D Models LLC" and came up with a business
                listing site that gave an address and telephone number for E & D.
                Don't know how current it is, hope it helps. Cheers, Michael

                E & D Models, LLC
                12229 Chandler Dr
                Plymouth, MI 48170
                (734) 446-6878
                www.edmodels.com

                Our goal at E & D Models, LLC is to provide quality affordable models
                to the N and Z scale hobbyists. We believe model railroading
                shouldn't be such an expensive hobby. We have purchased the Alan
                Curtis Models Z-Scale Line, to continue offering the same quality
                models. We have also partnered with TNT'Z to offer all new decal sets
                included with each kit with completely new road numbers!
              • Vivamus
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                  What Z Scale subjects would you like to see represented on the Model Train
                  Wiki? We want this to be fully comprehensive, so what else should be there?

                  Here is the current Z Scale structure:

                  * Z Scale Organizations
                  o Regional and Local Z Scale Clubs
                  + European Z Friends Community
                  * Z Scale Modeling
                  o Z Scale Rolling Stock
                  o Z Scale Trucks
                  o Z Scale Structures
                  o Z Scale Locomotives
                  * Z Scale Product Reviews

                  What else belongs there? Suitcase layouts?

                  If you haven't taken a look at the website, please do so.
                  (www.ModelTrainWiki.com)

                  Thanks,
                  Brian Groover
                  www.ModelTrainWiki.com

                  P.S. I should mention that the S Scale folks are way ahead of you on their
                  section.

                • Karin E. Snyder
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2008
                    Re:
                    * Z Scale Organizations
                    o Regional and Local Z Scale Clubs
                    + European Z Friends Community
                    * Z Scale Modeling
                    o Z Scale Rolling Stock
                    o Z Scale Trucks
                    o Z Scale Structures
                    o Z Scale Locomotives
                    * Z Scale Product Reviews

                    What else belongs there? Suitcase layouts?

                    How about instead of the term "suitcase layouts" you use our term "BYOZ"
                    which means "Bring Your Own Z". Some of us exhibit small table top layouts,
                    made from some very unusual objects/themes, that have nothing at all to do
                    with a suitcase or similar.

                    Also, maybe delineate the difference between "modeling" and "structures" by
                    adding a specific category for scratchbuilding, kitbashing, and Z scale
                    accessories.

                    Then there are also quite a few cottage industries that are probably unknown
                    to other scales but are phenomenal additions to Z scale. By that I mean
                    several brass etchers and lasers in folks homes that we consider to be
                    giants in model railroading simply because they have achieved in such a tiny
                    scale what some major manufacturers haven't even touched.

                    What a great scale to be involved in!

                    Karin, the other Snyder

                  • Vivamus
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
                      Excellent ideas, Karin!

                      Okay, then, please go to the Z section:

                      http://www.modeltrainwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=160

                      And add BYOZ and any other sections or pages you think belong in there. If
                      you haven't registered yet, you'll have to do so, but it is fast, easy, and
                      free. (And no, registration emails will NEVER be turned over to another
                      party for commercial advertising.)

                      Adding pages to a Wiki is amazingly addictive and easy, once you get the
                      hang of it. There are a few steps to follow, but once you've done your
                      first couple of pages, you'll be rolling. Instructions on how to add a page
                      are here:

                      http://www.modeltrainwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=250

                      If you have trouble, please message me on the site or email me directly.

                      Thanks very much,
                      Brian

                      _____

[...]

                      .

                      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=229250/grpspId=1706533816/msgId=
                      55842/stime=1204254824/nc1=3848621/nc2=4507179/nc3=4025291>

                    • Ellsworth Geib
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
                        I took a quick look at the web site and noticed module standards as topics except for z-
                        scale. There are a number of z-scale module groups. Many use the Z-Bend standard.

                        Ell Geib

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Vivamus" <Vivamus@...> wrote:

                        > What Z Scale subjects would you like to see represented on the Model Train
                        > Wiki? We want this to be fully comprehensive, so what else should be there?
                        >
                        > Here is the current Z Scale structure:
                        >
                        > * Z Scale Organizations
                        > o Regional and Local Z Scale Clubs
                        > + European Z Friends Community
                        > * Z Scale Modeling
                        > o Z Scale Rolling Stock
                        > o Z Scale Trucks
                        > o Z Scale Structures
                        > o Z Scale Locomotives
                        > * Z Scale Product Reviews
                        >
                        > What else belongs there? Suitcase layouts?
                        >
                        > If you haven't taken a look at the website, please do so.
                        > (www.ModelTrainWiki.com)
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Brian Groover
                        > www.ModelTrainWiki.com
                        >
                        > P.S. I should mention that the S Scale folks are way ahead of you on their
                        > section.

                      • Vivamus
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
                          Can you add it?

                          Look in the help section, or email me if you need further assistance.

                          Thanks,
                          Brian

                          _____

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com,