UMTRR Feb 08 and website changes

  • umtrr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2008
      The February 2008 Archive Edition of the Unofficial Micro-Trains
      Release Report has been posted to the UMTRR Website.

      For those of you not familiar with the UMTRR, it is my monthly review
      and commentary on all Micro-Trains releases in N, Z and HOn3 Scales,
      now in its 12th year of "publication". The UMTRR is available in its
      full version via free (really!) e-mail subscription. Instructions for
      subscribing are on the website.

      An edited version is posted to the website up to 4 weeks after the e-
      mail version is sent. Read the February 2008 Archive Version here:

      http://www.irwinsjournal.com/umtrr/mt0802.htm

      You will notice that this is now a [b]direct link[/b]-- after a fair
      amount of some behind the scenes work, updating every (I hope) html
      page on the site, it is now possible to go directly to any given
      UMTRR page without getting redirected to the home page first. Any
      page selected is still framed in with the header/drop down menu as
      before, so you should (I hope) be able to access any of the other
      UMTRR content as usual.

      This change has been on the wish list (mine and others) for several
      years and with considerable help from new UMTRR Gang Member Kent
      Sullivan (for which many thanks!!!) it is now in place.

      All of the release tables and the "2008 Month By Month" page with
      links to images have been updated as well, to reflect February
      releases and discontinued items.

      Please let me know if you experience any difficulties navigating the
      site. Given the number of pages I had to touch (there are over seven
      years of back issues of UMTRRs out on the site) it would not surprise
      me if I missed something.

      Cheers,
      George in Ellison Park, NY
      Author, The Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report