Re: TEE BREDA in Z

  • Michael Piersdorff
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 19, 2008
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Dipu' Personal (Yahoo) <dipugee@...>
      wrote:

      > Actually, I am looking for metal templates that can be used to shape
      > the actual flextracks to the desired radii before fixing them to the
      > baseboard by snapping them between the two rails. Since they are
      > exactly as wide as the spacing between the rails, and are cut to
      have
      > the desired radius, the flextrack is forced to conform to the
      > template's shape. Tracksetta has such templates for both N a HO
      > gauges. I am looking for something similar for z to shape my
      Marklin,
      > PECO and MicroTrack flextrack sections.

      You don't say which radii you are seeking for your z-track. Marklin,
      and MTL, too, I think, make track sections preformed to construct
      curves of 145mm, 190mm, 220mm and 490mm, so you don't need Tracksetta
      type templates for those curvatures. Beyond that, there are an
      infinite number of different radii that could be chosen, and no
      manufacturer could possibly supply templates for them all.

      The accuracy of the preformed track is pretty good, and of course there
      is always flextrack if you want to go outside the preset
      configurations, or want to make easements to the fixed radius curves.
      One way to get the accurate large curves is to use a pencil, pin and
      string or meterstick as a type of compass to draw the curve centerline,
      then shape your flextrack to that.

      Cheers,

      Michael