Re: [Z_Scale] Loren - - - Re: Ebay seller fees going up - AGAIN & a Note....

  • Loren
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2008
      Bill,
      I understand the concept better now that you explained it a bit. I guess
      that is why we do things the way we do huh.

      I would like to propose the Snyder model......and everyone can also adopt
      this model and adapt it to their own last name. It should work equally as
      well for any one of us. Of course the trick is to find stupid people to
      believe you........here's the Snyder model, and it is so simple you will ask
      yourself "now why didn't I think of that in the first place?"

      First off, keep your entry way swept and free from dirt and litter.
      Secondly, place a new welcome mat out front and make sure the entrance to
      your house is protected from the weather.
      Third, make sure you have a woking door bell and a very pleasant sounding
      chime.
      Fourth, be prompt to answer the door when you hear the bell.

      Here's how it works.....in theory. When the kind folks come to your door
      and ring the bell, you immediately go to the door and open it quickly and
      smile and say in a very cheerful tone of voice......"welcome"

      Now this is the tricky part and I'm not sure everyone who comes to your door
      will always be willing to buy into this scheme, but if enough do, then you
      are set for life.

      The visistor is then supposed to reach forward, place cash in your hand and
      say..."hear I don't want this or need this.....I thought you'd like to have
      it"

      It doesn't matter if all folks participate or not, just a few a day will
      definitely enhance your living experience.

      Now doesn't that sound like a good model?

      Ok, enough sick humor. I was just trying to catch a deep breath in all this
      heaviness.

      Let me say in a serious tone that all dealers, manufacturers and interested
      parties all wish this whole buying and selling issue were easier and fairer
      to all. But, since it isn't, we all must strive to keep this hobby fun,
      enlightening, growing and in a good light for the rest of the world to see.

      Go find time to work on your modules, design something new, solve a train
      problem or just sit there and admire your trains while sipping on your
      favorite beverage and munching pop corn, or whatever you munch on a Saturday
      night.