Re: The good side of auction sites

  • Randy Brown
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Dave,
      All that you have said is true.
      I'm reading Rio Grande to the Pacific to see where exactly I want to
      model or I might do a "What if".

      I have always loved the scenery of Colorado.
      So much different from the High Desert of California.

      My decision to sell the GP35 is purely financial.
      I'll reinvest the monies I get from it into a D&RGW GP9.

      See ya,

      Randy Brown
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Randy-Brown

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 4, 2008
        Loren,

        Credit cards are a double edged sword. They are easy to use and make our
        lives easier. I live by my credit cards since it is just plain simple to use and
        easily rectified. But yes, we retailers must take this into account when we
        sell merchandise. I would NEVER even consider not taking credit cards. So the
        fees we pay are just part of business and our overhead.

        But now we have come full circle. We bring it back to PayPal and what started
        this long string of posts on eBay, pricing, shipping, etc. PayPal charges
        much higher fees to retailers for the 'privilege' of using their service. For
        small retailers and consumers, this is convenient. But for a company like Ztrack,
        we have going through great pains to be an authorized Visa and Mastercard
        merchant. Our fees are approximately 50% less than if we used Paypal. What this
        means is that we can keep costs down and is the sole reason we do not accept
        Paypal.

        So, if anyone is even still reading these threads, I hope we all have learned
        from them. I know I have come through this with some thoughts on improving
        our websites to make some of these charges more clear. I hope anyone reading
        this has more of an insight what retailers faces when trying to offer products at
        the best price. Many retailers cannot get it right which is why we see so
        many failures today in the hobby market. It is sad, and a trend I fear that will
        not end.

        Again, it is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. I ask all of you to
        support our Z scale retailers. They are the backbone of this hobby. Also, please
        remember to tip your waitress...

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.