Re: EBAY topics

  • non
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      Sorry that I mentioned HATE about ebay. I really mean, people that
      come into a model train store and tell people in front on me who get
      it on ebay, that where I get my Z items.
      Please, there are a lot of local model train shops and good internet
      retails, give these people a chance to stay in business. Do you know
      what it feels like to have a shop (large or small) and have customers
      tell people (Oh your best deals are on ebay for these items. And the
      funny thing is the items people are talking about are right there in
      my store right now!
      Ebay is a great place to find the MTL or Marklin items that has been
      out of production and no store has it.
      There are a lot of internet and some stores that will put you on list
      to order items from MTL or Marklin as there come out without you
      missing them.
      I want to tell MTL love all the great cars you are coming out with.
      Two road numbers so that you can build a train with more than just
      one road number.
      Aaron Poscovsky
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hilliard <mchwilton@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello again,
      >
      > David, Alex, and the rest of you, Glen made his posting after I
      spoke to him on the phone (funny huh, actually talking to someone
      live on a phone call?, I think Bill K. would be proud, rest his
      soul). As far as "free speech, would you like me to say I'm selling
      F'ing something on god darn E-Bay but everyone knows where to find e-
      bay anyway?

      > It's one thing to warn other members of a bad seller (with
      documentation) on e-bay, but it';s quite another to simply bi*ch
      about e-bay or any other site for whatever reason..

      > Free speach only goes so far as I've tryrd to show above. The
      line has to be drawn somewhere, that line was "not" drawn by Glen,
      it's simply a line of good descresion left to interrpritation, this
      is a G rated group, can we keep it that way?

      > These topics have generated conversation, negative in my opinion.
      I did not read all replys, but I haven't read anything positive or
      constructive. Just b*ching undeserved by "US" the moderaters/owners &
      list members. We do have certain "rules"to help keep this a happy
      family of Z scalers, but some push the limits, a very few, not all
      2000+ members.

      > One last note, the word HATE is a very big word... If you have a
      problem with "my" words, please conact me off list @ mchwilton@... or
      203-762-2476. Bluntly your's,

    • robertfage@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
        I agree, I HATE it, I certainly do not LOVE it. when I was at a toy fair
        selling items (including Z gauge) when I had paid for a table with a give
        frontage to have a couple of people mauling over the items and one telling the
        other and me as well that he purchased on e bay last week for half what I was
        selling it for. 'Been there, got the Tee shirt' Bob Fage (in the UK)

      • w7gsa
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi Michael,

          I guess I am different then you are because I would much rather read
          spirited conversation by a large number of people about something that
          effects asll of us (i.e. what eBay is going to charge us to sell our Z
          scale items) then I would mundane conversation that effects a very few
          people (i.e. how to re-assemble the gears in a croc after you have
          taken it apart).

          I enjoy reading what other like minder people are thinking.

          Bill