Re: EBAY topics

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      Where in my four sentences did I write any thing to get the type of
      response that I did?
      I was asking a simple question.
      I did NOT tell any one that runs or moderates the list that they were
      wrong or that they needed to do some thing different.

      This is exactly one of the reasons I rarely post on this forum.

      Maybe some one needs a little bit more fiber in their diet.

      Alex

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <david_epling@...>
      wrote:

      > Ah, you just stepped into my pet peeve...let me be blunt.
      >
      > Glen is the group OWNER. Free speech does not apply with ANY group
      in
      > yahoogroups. They (each group) are privately run by private
      individuals.
      > THEY make the rules, not the First Amendment. If you don't like it,
      tell
      > Glen off list. By my count there are 2 owners and 3 moderators for
      this
      > list. It is their job to moderate the list not yours. There are
      almost 2000
      > members here, there is no way he (Glen) or his team can make
      everyone happy.
      > So it is his rules we live by. Life goes on.
      >
      > My apologies to Glen and his management team for stepping on their
      toes with
      > this reply.
      >
      > David Epling
      > Western Pacific Railroad Museum
      > Model Railroad Committee Chairman
      > www.wplives.org
      > david_epling@...

    • non
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
        Sorry that I mentioned HATE about ebay. I really mean, people that
        come into a model train store and tell people in front on me who get
        it on ebay, that where I get my Z items.
        Please, there are a lot of local model train shops and good internet
        retails, give these people a chance to stay in business. Do you know
        what it feels like to have a shop (large or small) and have customers
        tell people (Oh your best deals are on ebay for these items. And the
        funny thing is the items people are talking about are right there in
        my store right now!
        Ebay is a great place to find the MTL or Marklin items that has been
        out of production and no store has it.
        There are a lot of internet and some stores that will put you on list
        to order items from MTL or Marklin as there come out without you
        missing them.
        I want to tell MTL love all the great cars you are coming out with.
        Two road numbers so that you can build a train with more than just
        one road number.
        Aaron Poscovsky
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hilliard <mchwilton@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello again,
        >
        > David, Alex, and the rest of you, Glen made his posting after I
        spoke to him on the phone (funny huh, actually talking to someone
        live on a phone call?, I think Bill K. would be proud, rest his
        soul). As far as "free speech, would you like me to say I'm selling
        F'ing something on god darn E-Bay but everyone knows where to find e-
        bay anyway?

        > It's one thing to warn other members of a bad seller (with
        documentation) on e-bay, but it';s quite another to simply bi*ch
        about e-bay or any other site for whatever reason..

        > Free speach only goes so far as I've tryrd to show above. The
        line has to be drawn somewhere, that line was "not" drawn by Glen,
        it's simply a line of good descresion left to interrpritation, this
        is a G rated group, can we keep it that way?

        > These topics have generated conversation, negative in my opinion.
        I did not read all replys, but I haven't read anything positive or
        constructive. Just b*ching undeserved by "US" the moderaters/owners &
        list members. We do have certain "rules"to help keep this a happy
        family of Z scalers, but some push the limits, a very few, not all
        2000+ members.

        > One last note, the word HATE is a very big word... If you have a
        problem with "my" words, please conact me off list @ mchwilton@... or
        203-762-2476. Bluntly your's,

      • robertfage@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
          I agree, I HATE it, I certainly do not LOVE it. when I was at a toy fair
          selling items (including Z gauge) when I had paid for a table with a give
          frontage to have a couple of people mauling over the items and one telling the
          other and me as well that he purchased on e bay last week for half what I was
          selling it for. 'Been there, got the Tee shirt' Bob Fage (in the UK)

        • w7gsa
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
            Hi Michael,

            I guess I am different then you are because I would much rather read
            spirited conversation by a large number of people about something that
            effects asll of us (i.e. what eBay is going to charge us to sell our Z
            scale items) then I would mundane conversation that effects a very few
            people (i.e. how to re-assemble the gears in a croc after you have
            taken it apart).

            I enjoy reading what other like minder people are thinking.

            Bill