Re: [Z_Scale] Re: EBAY topics

  • David Epling
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
      Mike, you have my apologies if you took my comments to be offensive towards
      the moderators. That was not my intention. It was meant to back you guys up.
      Moderating a large list is a thankless job.

      David

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1 3:04 AM
        Where in my four sentences did I write any thing to get the type of
        response that I did?
        I was asking a simple question.
        I did NOT tell any one that runs or moderates the list that they were
        wrong or that they needed to do some thing different.

        This is exactly one of the reasons I rarely post on this forum.

        Maybe some one needs a little bit more fiber in their diet.

        Alex

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <david_epling@...>
        wrote:

        > Ah, you just stepped into my pet peeve...let me be blunt.
        >
        > Glen is the group OWNER. Free speech does not apply with ANY group
        in
        > yahoogroups. They (each group) are privately run by private
        individuals.
        > THEY make the rules, not the First Amendment. If you don't like it,
        tell
        > Glen off list. By my count there are 2 owners and 3 moderators for
        this
        > list. It is their job to moderate the list not yours. There are
        almost 2000
        > members here, there is no way he (Glen) or his team can make
        everyone happy.
        > So it is his rules we live by. Life goes on.
        >
        > My apologies to Glen and his management team for stepping on their
        toes with
        > this reply.
        >
        > David Epling
        > Western Pacific Railroad Museum
        > Model Railroad Committee Chairman
        > www.wplives.org
        > david_epling@...

      • non
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1 3:54 AM
          Sorry that I mentioned HATE about ebay. I really mean, people that
          come into a model train store and tell people in front on me who get
          it on ebay, that where I get my Z items.
          Please, there are a lot of local model train shops and good internet
          retails, give these people a chance to stay in business. Do you know
          what it feels like to have a shop (large or small) and have customers
          tell people (Oh your best deals are on ebay for these items. And the
          funny thing is the items people are talking about are right there in
          my store right now!
          Ebay is a great place to find the MTL or Marklin items that has been
          out of production and no store has it.
          There are a lot of internet and some stores that will put you on list
          to order items from MTL or Marklin as there come out without you
          missing them.
          I want to tell MTL love all the great cars you are coming out with.
          Two road numbers so that you can build a train with more than just
          one road number.
          Aaron Poscovsky
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hilliard <mchwilton@...>

        • robertfage@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1 4:10 AM
            I agree, I HATE it, I certainly do not LOVE it. when I was at a toy fair
            selling items (including Z gauge) when I had paid for a table with a give
            frontage to have a couple of people mauling over the items and one telling the
            other and me as well that he purchased on e bay last week for half what I was
            selling it for. 'Been there, got the Tee shirt' Bob Fage (in the UK)

          • w7gsa
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1 1:55 PM
              Hi Michael,

              I guess I am different then you are because I would much rather read
              spirited conversation by a large number of people about something that
              effects asll of us (i.e. what eBay is going to charge us to sell our Z
              scale items) then I would mundane conversation that effects a very few
              people (i.e. how to re-assemble the gears in a croc after you have
              taken it apart).

              I enjoy reading what other like minder people are thinking.

              Bill