Re: [Z_Scale] Álvaros Gas Pumps fro m the twenties

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2008
      Jurg,
      Thank you (and Alvaro) for sharing this. When I was very little (somewhere
      between the late sixties and early seventies), there were still two stations
      around my hometown that had these. One was at the marina and the other was a
      little general store in the middle of nowhere. I can remember sitting in my
      granfather's car and watching the gas filling up the bowl.

      Quite a few farms in my area also had them. They acquired them when they
      were removed from the gas stations.

      Thanks again.
      Dan S.

      In a message dated 1/27/2008 7:08:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      juerg.rueedi@... writes:

      Hello Friends

      My Friend Álvaro Cortez from Portugal wrote a cool step by step
      insctruction about building gas pumps from the twenties. You can find a
      downloadable PDF File here:

      http://rosetown.ch/News/Alvaro/Pump01.pdf

      best Regards
      Jürg