Itchy writing fingers!

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      Hi Gang,

      I'm going through my annual post-National Train Show blues and I came
      to the realization that writing helps me rekindle the flame during
      the lazy, hazy days of August. Mid-September I hit the train show
      circuit for the last time this year at GATS in Niagara Falls, NY.
      Still I have to do something for the next 6 weeks!

      I thought that I could document my next few workshop projects and
      post them as articles to the list. Ztrack already has articles from
      me for the rest of the year.

      Here's what I'm working on in the next few weeks:

      - the FR Models boxcab conversion to Micro-Train couplers,
      - adding telegraph lines to the VEC using the ultra stretchy stuff
      that I bought in St. Louis, (I'll give you all the details like the
      name of it when I do the writing),
      - hand-laying a section of Z track and switches for AP judging. This
      is a demonstration project for judging purposes only. At the moment,
      I have no intention of hand-laying track or switches on the VECRR,
      not robust enough for the rigours of travel that I put the layout
      through,
      - feature article for Model Railroader Magazine (you will have to buy
      the magazine next Spring to read it). I couldn't resist mentioning
      this one...I'm still levitating from the photo shoot at MR!

      The first 3 items I can share with you, no problem.

      I still have a list of 36 projects (down from 66 before my sprint to
      get things ready for NTS2001) on my ToDo list so there will not be
      any shortage of topics for future chronicles. Of course, I'll tell
      you all about my preparations for Sinsheim 2002, whether you want to
      read about it or not.

      This is part of how I have fun with Z.

      Keep playing with your trainZ,

      Jeffrey MacHan