Re: [Z_Scale] Z Scale Ruler

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
      Steve,

      Try this link:

      http://www.thescalecard.com/

      I have a few of these, and they are very handy. A clubmate of mine once found a
      metal scale ruler with Z on it, but we've never been able to find another since
      then.

      Good luck,
      Bryan Keyser

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
        Try Scale Card. They advertise in Ztrack magazine. It's wallet size & very convenient.
        Ed Scullin
        Roanoke VA

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
          Nice find Alan. That appears to be very similar to the one I was speaking of.
          And in stainless steel, no less.

          > > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
          > > exists.
          >
          > Wouldn't that be awfully tiny - and as to trying to decal it ...
          >
          > Try: http://www.ehobbytools.com/index.html?target=p_1761.html&lang=en-us
          >
          > They can't spell Gauge but they do seem to do Z
        • Pacha
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
            Thanks, I just ordered two.
            Pacha

            --
            Pacha Kaye
            pkaye6@...

          • Melissa Cull
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
              Hi Steve,

              I'd also recommend the Z Scale card calculator converter chart for reducing
              other scales to Z scale and vice versa, that's very useful.

              Kind RegardZ

              Melissa Cull
              UK

            • robertfage@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                Hi Steve
                I also can confirm that the scale ruler and there charts etc., are very good
                products as Malissa says.

                Bob Fage (in the United Kingdom)

              • Jim Thomas
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                  >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler containing
                  scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                  see it in my most recent catalog. Jim
                • stevegail
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                    Thanks to all who replied with info about a Z Scale Ruler. I'm going
                    to place an order with Scale Card this AM.
                    ---Steve
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...> wrote:

                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler
                    containing
                    > scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                    > see it in my most recent catalog. Jim

                  • Larry Card
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008

                      > http://www.thescalecard.com/
                      >
                      > I have a few of these, and they are very handy.

                      I second that. I have a couple in N and one in HO that I gave away, they have two types that come in handy. One is a credit card size that has a diameter gauge as well as straight lines, the other is more the familiar "ruler" type. Both are worth every penny you pay for them, and then some.
                      V/R
                      Larry P. Card
                      Franklinton NC

                    • Rick Saviano
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2008
                        I bought a few Scale Cards, and a couple of the rulers, too. I keep a
                        Scale Card in my wallet, so I can see the "real" size of odds and ends I
                        discover at swap meets. It allows you to actually make mountains out of
                        molehills.

                        -Rick Saviano
                      • Bob Grant
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 9, 2008
                          IBL Products has a rule Radius Rule in Z Gauge which is extremely handy in Z scale both in MM and inches Bob Grant