Re: [Z_Scale] Z Scale Ruler

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
      On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:03:57 -0000
      "stevegail" <sschulman541@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
      > exists.

      Wouldn't that be awfully tiny - and as to trying to decal it ...

      Try: http://www.ehobbytools.com/index.html?target=p_1761.html&lang=en-us

      They can't spell Gauge but they do seem to do Z
    • Jim O'Connell
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
        Steve, I have two of them. Check out Itty Bitty Lines and The Scale
        Card. Google em. You should find out something. Cheers, Jim CCRR

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "stevegail" <sschulman541@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a
        thing
        > exists. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
        > ---Steve from the other Phoenix

      • Kez
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
          Steve,

          Try this link:

          http://www.thescalecard.com/

          I have a few of these, and they are very handy. A clubmate of mine once found a
          metal scale ruler with Z on it, but we've never been able to find another since
          then.

          Good luck,
          Bryan Keyser

          > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
          > exists. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
          > ---Steve from the other Phoenix
        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
            Try Scale Card. They advertise in Ztrack magazine. It's wallet size & very convenient.
            Ed Scullin
            Roanoke VA

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
              Nice find Alan. That appears to be very similar to the one I was speaking of.
              And in stainless steel, no less.

              > > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
              > > exists.
              >
              > Wouldn't that be awfully tiny - and as to trying to decal it ...
              >
              > Try: http://www.ehobbytools.com/index.html?target=p_1761.html&lang=en-us
              >
              > They can't spell Gauge but they do seem to do Z
            • Pacha
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                Thanks, I just ordered two.
                Pacha

                --
                Pacha Kaye
                pkaye6@...

              • Melissa Cull
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                  Hi Steve,

                  I'd also recommend the Z Scale card calculator converter chart for reducing
                  other scales to Z scale and vice versa, that's very useful.

                  Kind RegardZ

                  Melissa Cull
                  UK

                • robertfage@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                    Hi Steve
                    I also can confirm that the scale ruler and there charts etc., are very good
                    products as Malissa says.

                    Bob Fage (in the United Kingdom)

                  • Jim Thomas
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                      >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler containing
                      scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                      see it in my most recent catalog. Jim
                    • stevegail
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                        Thanks to all who replied with info about a Z Scale Ruler. I'm going
                        to place an order with Scale Card this AM.
                        ---Steve
                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...> wrote:

                        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@ wrote:
                        > >
                        > >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler
                        containing
                        > scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                        > see it in my most recent catalog. Jim

                      • Larry Card
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008

                          > http://www.thescalecard.com/
                          >
                          > I have a few of these, and they are very handy.

                          I second that. I have a couple in N and one in HO that I gave away, they have two types that come in handy. One is a credit card size that has a diameter gauge as well as straight lines, the other is more the familiar "ruler" type. Both are worth every penny you pay for them, and then some.
                          V/R
                          Larry P. Card
                          Franklinton NC

                        • Rick Saviano
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 8, 2008
                            I bought a few Scale Cards, and a couple of the rulers, too. I keep a
                            Scale Card in my wallet, so I can see the "real" size of odds and ends I
                            discover at swap meets. It allows you to actually make mountains out of
                            molehills.

                            -Rick Saviano
                          • Bob Grant
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 9, 2008
                              IBL Products has a rule Radius Rule in Z Gauge which is extremely handy in Z scale both in MM and inches Bob Grant