Z Scale Ruler

  • stevegail
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
      I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
      exists. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
      ---Steve from the other Phoenix
    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
        On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:03:57 -0000
        "stevegail" <sschulman541@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
        > exists.

        Wouldn't that be awfully tiny - and as to trying to decal it ...

        Try: http://www.ehobbytools.com/index.html?target=p_1761.html&lang=en-us

        They can't spell Gauge but they do seem to do Z
      • Jim O'Connell
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
          Steve, I have two of them. Check out Itty Bitty Lines and The Scale
          Card. Google em. You should find out something. Cheers, Jim CCRR

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "stevegail" <sschulman541@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a
          thing
          > exists. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
          > ---Steve from the other Phoenix

        • Kez
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
            Steve,

            Try this link:

            http://www.thescalecard.com/

            I have a few of these, and they are very handy. A clubmate of mine once found a
            metal scale ruler with Z on it, but we've never been able to find another since
            then.

            Good luck,
            Bryan Keyser

            > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
            > exists. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
            > ---Steve from the other Phoenix
          • Edward Scullin
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
              Try Scale Card. They advertise in Ztrack magazine. It's wallet size & very convenient.
              Ed Scullin
              Roanoke VA

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                Nice find Alan. That appears to be very similar to the one I was speaking of.
                And in stainless steel, no less.

                > > I'm looking for a Z Scale Ruler. None of my sources show such a thing
                > > exists.
                >
                > Wouldn't that be awfully tiny - and as to trying to decal it ...
                >
                > Try: http://www.ehobbytools.com/index.html?target=p_1761.html&lang=en-us
                >
                > They can't spell Gauge but they do seem to do Z
              • Pacha
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                  Thanks, I just ordered two.
                  Pacha

                  --
                  Pacha Kaye
                  pkaye6@...

                • Melissa Cull
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                    Hi Steve,

                    I'd also recommend the Z Scale card calculator converter chart for reducing
                    other scales to Z scale and vice versa, that's very useful.

                    Kind RegardZ

                    Melissa Cull
                    UK

                  • robertfage@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                      Hi Steve
                      I also can confirm that the scale ruler and there charts etc., are very good
                      products as Malissa says.

                      Bob Fage (in the United Kingdom)

                    • Jim Thomas
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@... wrote:

                        >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler containing
                        scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                        see it in my most recent catalog. Jim
                      • stevegail
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                          Thanks to all who replied with info about a Z Scale Ruler. I'm going
                          to place an order with Scale Card this AM.
                          ---Steve
                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Thomas" <jim29t@...> wrote:

                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, robertfage@ wrote:
                          > >
                          > >The General rule # 651 is a stainless steel six inch ruler
                          containing
                          > scales HO,S,O,N and Z. It was available from Walthers but I did not
                          > see it in my most recent catalog. Jim

                        • Larry Card
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008

                            > http://www.thescalecard.com/
                            >
                            > I have a few of these, and they are very handy.

                            I second that. I have a couple in N and one in HO that I gave away, they have two types that come in handy. One is a credit card size that has a diameter gauge as well as straight lines, the other is more the familiar "ruler" type. Both are worth every penny you pay for them, and then some.
                            V/R
                            Larry P. Card
                            Franklinton NC

                          • Rick Saviano
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 8, 2008
                              I bought a few Scale Cards, and a couple of the rulers, too. I keep a
                              Scale Card in my wallet, so I can see the "real" size of odds and ends I
                              discover at swap meets. It allows you to actually make mountains out of
                              molehills.

                              -Rick Saviano
                            • Bob Grant
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 9, 2008
                                IBL Products has a rule Radius Rule in Z Gauge which is extremely handy in Z scale both in MM and inches Bob Grant