Re: Boxcab review in Ztrack J-F 2000

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 6:48 PM
      Hello Dieter,

      Good to hear from you. Old news is good news, all the same ;-)

      The 0-6-0 switcher I was referring to is the 8800 steamer.

      Good news concerning the boxcab. I am convinced that I will be
      able to add MTL couplers to it. Harald Freudenreich agrees with
      me but he says that my solution of trimming the back end off of
      the MTL coupler box is not a "professional" solution that he can
      offer his customers. He will be offering a conversion package for
      the boxcab with new side frames for the trucks and new coupler
      base plate.

      My solution requires a modification to a pair of MTL couplers to fit
      close to the trucks. Of course, it will be necessary to cut the
      verticle pin off of the boxcab truck base plate. I suggest that you
      do what I did, before you make any modification to the original
      boxcab parts, get a set of replacement parts, just in case!

      You'll get to see the boxcab in Sinsheim, Dieter. I will probably
      write an article on the conversion for Ztrack.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@y..., Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t... wrote:
      > Dear Jeff,
      >
      > it is an oldy, I am refering to (March 10th 2000).
      > With an E-Mail of this day you commented the boxcab of Harald
      Freudenreich.