Re: Very old newcomer

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2007
      Now that is just unfair - Phoenix Oregon. Halfway between Joe/MTL and
      Loren and less than 5 miles to either. Unfair!!! ...don

      > Hello Steve,
      >
      > Welcome to the scale! Like you, I too have been shrinking
      > scales; HO, N to Z. I've enjoyed all of them but none
      > more so than the small ingenious little trains creeping
      > around my small spaces.
      >
      > You'll find the entire group relaxed and often very informative.
      > Sure we get sidetracked on pet issues from time to time, but
      > name a RR group that doesn't ;>)
      >
      > The cost of Z scale is in the very precise and labor intensive
      > work needed by manufacturers to bring home a satisfying
      > performance, whether engines, track, structures or even
      > trees! But it eventually gets done and the results are
      > often very charming indeed. And with the growth of Z scale
      > we are beginning to see more and more competitive prices
      > for engines, rolling stock and track.
      >
      > Checkout Jurg Rudi's Rosetown pictures
      > of his Z scale modules some time:
      > http://www.rosetown.ch
      > One of the finest adventures in fine detail modeling you'll ever see!
      >
      > I hope to see you on the forum from time to time,
      >
      > Reynard Wellman
      > http://www.micronart.com
      > On Dec 26, 2007, at 2:40 PM, stevegail wrote:
      >
      > > Greetings from Phoenix--Phoenix, Oregon that is. I'm a newcomer to Z
      > > scale but I've been model railroading for nearly 45 years. It seems
      > > that I've been going smaller in scale while others my age are going in
      > > the opposite direction.
      > > Right now I have no rolling stock or engines but I am building
      > > structures for a future layout. The first kit I'm working on is Robert
      > > Ray's Issaquah Station. It is by far one of the best kits, in any
      > > scale, that I have ever worked on.
      > > I hope that my initial experience with Z scale is an indication of
      > > good
      > > times ahead.
      > > ---Steve from the other Phoenix

    • Zane H. Healy
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
        At 2:17 AM +0000 12/27/07, Don Avila wrote:
        >Now that is just unfair - Phoenix Oregon. Halfway between Joe/MTL and
        >Loren and less than 5 miles to either. Unfair!!! ...don

        Heh heh... Here I was thinking he picked the perfect location to
        live if he's going to get into Z Scale! :^)

        Zane

        | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |
      • stevegail
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
          All it took to arrive at the perfect location was two degrees in
          Geography and a whole lot of luck (-;
          ---Steve

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

          > At 2:17 AM +0000 12/27/07, Don Avila wrote:
          > >Now that is just unfair - Phoenix Oregon. Halfway between Joe/MTL
          and
          > >Loren and less than 5 miles to either. Unfair!!! ...don
          >
          > Heh heh... Here I was thinking he picked the perfect location to
          > live if he's going to get into Z Scale! :^)
          >
          > Zane
          >

          > --
          > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
          > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
          > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
          > +----------------------------------+----------------------------+
          > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
          > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
          > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

        • Loren
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 27, 2007
            Steve,

            I see where you took my advice and jumped in and said "hello" and also gave
            Robert some cudos and of course for good reason, Robert is in my opinion the
            best laser kit builder in the world.....there, that ought to earn me at
            least one atta boy with Robert. Seriously, everyone I know thinks Robert is
            the Grand Poo Ba of laser kits.

            Mean while back at the ranch, everyone, please welcome Steve from the other
            Phoenix. Steve lives about 4 miles from MTL so he is in great model
            railroading country.
            I've seen some of Steve's collections and kit building examples and now that
            he is discovering the fun of Z, Joe and I will have to get him to join us
            for breakfast and get him indoctrinated, uh, I mean introduced to module
            building.

            Karin and I are finally getting our family room cleaned out and ready to
            receive modules, train buffs, and other interested parties so things are
            looking up.
            2008 promises to provide lots of new products from MTL, AZL, and of course
            the cottage industries that are all working to provide more Z products and
            also make a buck 56 cents. or there abouts.

            Glad you're in the groove now Steve.....don't be a stranger on the different
            Z sites. These Z folks are down right helpful, fun to get to know and also
            just a might talented.......yes sir!!

            > Greetings from Phoenix--Phoenix, Oregon that is. I'm a newcomer to Z
            > scale but I've been model railroading for nearly 45 years. It seems
            > that I've been going smaller in scale while others my age are going in
            > the opposite direction.
            > Right now I have no rolling stock or engines but I am building
            > structures for a future layout. The first kit I'm working on is Robert
            > Ray's Issaquah Station. It is by far one of the best kits, in any
            > scale, that I have ever worked on.
            > I hope that my initial experience with Z scale is an indication of good
            > times ahead.
            > ---Steve from the other Phoenix

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2007
              Welcome here and in this wonderfully crazy scale
              Steve! As there are more fine quality products in Z
              scale, I believe you'll find your path and enjoy this
              scale as much as us here!

              Happy new year,

              Dom