Re: cottage industry turnouts

  • Dale Halterman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      In this thread you keep referring to the fact people would like to buy a
      turnout for $15.00 rather than pay the $28.00 Marklin charges for there
      turnouts.
      In doing a little investgation on the internet I found that you can buy
      Marklin manual turnouts for $17.50. The highest price was $20.00.
      Remotes cost from $28.00 to $30.00. Dale
    • jcubbin@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Dale,

        What I initially said was "manual turnouts are about $24 and the remote turnouts are around $38", when I purchased them from my local
        authorized dealer that's what I paid. In the bigger picture the exact dollar figure wasn't really my point. The point I was trying to make
        was that Marklin turnouts at $10, $20 or $30 are not very reliable and having to "tap" a $270.00 locomotive to get it to successfully clear
        a turnout is disappointing to say the least.

        John