Re: [z_scale] Transformers and DCC for Z

  • ahellary
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
      hi there

      DCC is a definate goer for Z scale :)))) i use a digitrax chief and winlok
      as for the transformer i have a 16v ac as the system knocks it down to 12 on
      the rails and the decoders limit the max voltage down to 9 ( but this is
      settable to any voltage you like) the decoders i use are digitrax's DZ121
      and dn121 ... i also have transponding and block detection running.... to me
      dcc is the best thing since sliced bread and i would not go back to dc for
      any reason . dcc opens up a whole new way of running your trains ( notice i
      didnt say layout as its the trains you drive not the track).. i will soon be
      putting up a how to install a decoder on my web page (
      www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary) .. so that is as soon as i have worked out my new
      digital camera :)

      Ahellary
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        Greg
        Look at the DCC faq on this list and it explains how to put
        DCC in a Mt F7
        John