RE: Military minatures? - Was - Re: [Z_Scale] Re: New pics posted - after about a year and a half away from the hobby

  • Randall Smidt
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
      Now that you say that, I think I recall you writing about that John. Thanks. Any other 1/200 sources besides SkyTrex for vehicles?

      I've seen others for structures, but that scale does not seem popular for military miniatures in the USA.

      Randy

      John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@...> wrote:
      Randy,

      I have and highly recommend them over the GHQ Micro-Armor 1/285. The
      SkyTrex 1/200 are much closer to Z than the GHQ one and are just as
      detailed.

      John

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
        Randy,

        As Orville said to Wilbur "You're Wright!"

        It was the very first article I wrote for Ztrack. SkyTrex is the only 1/200
        source for numerous armored vehicles. Z-Panzer, <http://www.z-panzer.com/>
        http://www.z-panzer.com/, emails: <mailto:info@...>
        info@... and <mailto:orders@...> orders@... has
        perfect Z scale (1:220) World War II era (1939-1945) tanks and armored
        vehicles.

        John

        _____

        John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@pjsnet1. <mailto:jsbart%40pjsnet1.de> de>

        From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com
        after about a year and a half away from the hobby

        Has anyone used the SkyTrex 1/200 miniatures or any other 1/200 pieces? The
        1/285th pieces are a little too small for many pieces for my taste, but good
        for forced compression. I think the Z Panzer tanks look great, but wrong era
        for me.

        Randy

        "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@aracnet. <mailto:healyzh%40aracnet.com> com> wrote:
        At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
        >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
        >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
        >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
        >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
        >over.

        I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
        appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
        bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
        been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
        might be lead rather than Pewter.

        I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
        a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

        Zane

        Recent Activity

        9
        New Members

        44
        New Photos

        1
        New Files

        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! News
        Kevin Sites
        Get coverage of
        world crises.

        Yahoo! Finance
        It's Now Personal
        Guides, news,
        advice & more.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Get info and support
        on Samsung HDTVs
        and devices.

        .

      • Terry J.N. Rowsell
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
          Hi Zane,

          I am talking about GHQ Micro-Armour, although some of my stuff is
          from C in C. All Pewter 1:285. The pewter takes detail better than
          the old lead models and withou the HAZMAT of lead.

          I have never heard of 1:200 SkyTrex until I began this thread. I
          will check them out. As I also wargame, I will generally still lean
          towayd 1:285, but some 1:200 may look dandy on the Z layout!

          Cheers,
          Terry

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

          > At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
          > >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
          > >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have
          > >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
          > >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
          > >over.
          >
          > I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that
          these
          > appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together.
          > bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and
          they've
          > been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that
          they
          > might be lead rather than Pewter.
          >
          > I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing
          up
          > a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)
          >
          > Zane
          >

          > --
          > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
          > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
          > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
          > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
          > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
          > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2007
            Welcome back here Terry!