RE: Military minatures? - Was - Re: [Z_Scale] Re: New pics posted - after about a year and a half away from the hobby

  • John & Sue Bartolotto
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2007
      Randy,

      I have and highly recommend them over the GHQ Micro-Armor 1/285. The
      SkyTrex 1/200 are much closer to Z than the GHQ one and are just as
      detailed.

      John

      _____

        after about a year and a half away from the hobby

        Has anyone used the SkyTrex 1/200 miniatures or any other 1/200 pieces? The
        1/285th pieces are a little too small for many pieces for my taste, but good
        for forced compression. I think the Z Panzer tanks look great, but wrong era
        for me.

        Randy

        "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@aracnet. <mailto:healyzh%40aracnet.com> com> wrote:
        At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
        >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
        >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have to
        >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
        >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
        >over.

        I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that these
        appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together. I
        bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and they've
        been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that they
        might be lead rather than Pewter.

        I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing up
        a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)

        Zane

        Recent Activity

        9
        New Members

        44
        New Photos

        1
        New Files

        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! News
        Kevin Sites
        Get coverage of
        world crises.

        Yahoo! Finance
        It's Now Personal
        Guides, news,
        advice & more.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Get info and support
        on Samsung HDTVs
        and devices.

        .

      • John & Sue Bartolotto
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
          Randy,

          As Orville said to Wilbur "You're Wright!"

          It was the very first article I wrote for Ztrack. SkyTrex is the only 1/200
          source for numerous armored vehicles. Z-Panzer, <http://www.z-panzer.com/>
          http://www.z-panzer.com/, emails: <mailto:info@...>
          info@... and <mailto:orders@...> orders@... has
          perfect Z scale (1:220) World War II era (1939-1945) tanks and armored
          vehicles.

          John

          _____

          John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@pjsnet1. <mailto:jsbart%40pjsnet1.de> de>

          From: z_scale@yahoogroups <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> .com

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2007
            Hi Zane,

            I am talking about GHQ Micro-Armour, although some of my stuff is
            from C in C. All Pewter 1:285. The pewter takes detail better than
            the old lead models and withou the HAZMAT of lead.

            I have never heard of 1:200 SkyTrex until I began this thread. I
            will check them out. As I also wargame, I will generally still lean
            towayd 1:285, but some 1:200 may look dandy on the Z layout!

            Cheers,
            Terry

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

            > At 7:48 PM +0000 12/2/07, Terry J.N. Rowsell wrote:
            > >I would LOVE to see a company mass-produce good quality plastic
            > >vehicles in Z. Having experienced my pewter tanks in 1:285 I have
            > >say that I would prefer pewter. For one thing they have a 'heft'
            > >that is surprising given their size. My breath will not knock them
            > >over.
            >
            > I assume you're using Micro-Armor tanks? I'm glad to hear that
            these
            > appear to be of use, might finally put some of my stash together.
            > bought a bunch just prior to getting out of the military, and
            they've
            > been sitting in a box for years. They're old enough though that
            they
            > might be lead rather than Pewter.
            >
            > I'll have to break them out one of these years and see about doing
            up
            > a few for use on my Z-Scale layout. :^)
            >
            > Zane
            >

            > --
            > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
            > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
            > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
            > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
            > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
            > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 8, 2007
              Welcome back here Terry!